By Comcast Cable Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected on the go with the XFINITY Connect mobile app. Check your Comcast.net email, send and receive text messages, make and receive Voice calls and check your XFINITY voicemail all in one place. Answer your home phone calls and forward calls from your home phone to your iPhone.
- A refreshing new design and experience
- Voice 2go* - Now make unlimited voice calls from XFINITY Connect app using your XFINITY Voice numbers.
- Never miss a phone call : Answer all your home phone calls from XFINITY Connect App.
- Send and receive free unlimited text messages to the U.S., Canada, Mexico and over 40 other countries using your home phone number – no texting plan required! Even text from your iPad® or iPod touch®
* Included for XFINITY VOICE Residential Unlimited customers. Terms & conditions apply.
-Easy access to email and voicemail
-Mark emails as ‘Spam’ and sort and search your email
-Print emails right from your app
-Mark messages as ‘Read/Unread’ and ‘Heard/Unheard’
-Access your external email accounts all in one place – Gmail, Yahoo, etc
- Answer your XFINITY Voice calls from the app. Make outgoing calls using your XFINITY Voice number.
- Text for FREE using your XFINITY Voice number
-See who's calling your home phone with real-time alerts to your iPhone
-Listen to voicemail or read voicemail transcripts of your voicemails and view your home phone call logs
-Forward a voicemail as an email attachment
-Forward your home phone calls to your iPhone or any other number
Favorites and Groups
- Create Favorites and Groups to make sure you never miss a message from the important people in your life
- Includes separate views of your phone contacts and your XFINITY Address Book
-Add your contacts as favorites along with their pictures
-View your account details & billing history
-Make payments or setup automatic payments.
- XFINITY Internet or XFINITY Voice subscription
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address (Need your Comcast ID? go to http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/)
Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Free texting requires subscription to XFINITY Voice Unlimited service. Standard data charges apply. Check with your carrier.
Discussion forum - please visit -http://forums.comcast.net
What's New in Version 5.0
-Redesigned for a better experience - a refreshing new design and experience.
-Added Left navigation menu for easy movement between app sections
-Improved and faster sync for email and voicemail
-Added Readable Voicemail transcript for all your voicemails
-Email now supports offline outbox. Emails sent in airplane or offline mode are queued for sending when online
-Improved Email Viewer – Now see attached in-line images within the email body
-Improved Email Notifications – Now receive alert style email notifications for every email along with badge update
-Faster Voicemail notifications
Note - To turn off or manage email notifications, visit app settings under 'Notifications'
Works well but has annoying aspect
Much improved. However, now the app reports it cannot send mail and puts the mail into the drafts folder. Yet the mail gets sent. Support was not of much help as they are script driven. As soon as this problem gets fixed the app will be rather good.
This is a follow up to an earlier review.
On a long note the keyboard covers input and you can not see the text being entered.
The app regularly cannot detect the network. Safari and the built-in mail app have no problems. But while all other apps work Comcast mail reports that it cannot access the network. The app is unreliable. The iPad mail app is superior because it always works.
Does a decent job and has had a number of annoying issues solved and has improved its feature set.
What needs improvement:
- Needs ability to create folders for organizing mail.
- When deleting all mail from the trash, using the drop down
menu, one should not be positioned into the empty Trash folder,
but rather in the In bin.
it's just okay
I had low expectations for this app because, well, Xfinity is Comcast and Comcast has a pretty bad rep for customer service. But, with no other choice, I was stuck with getting Comcast and they were giving me a phone line with the package deal. I figured out I might as well try to make the best out of it.
I solely downloaded make phone calls and send text messages from my new Comcast number. I just moved into a new state, so I know having a local number may look better some potential employers. I can receive and send texts fine. I can also call out and receive calls through the app.
Several things do need improvement:
* Easy access to make a phone call to a sender of a text message
* Ring tones. Current ringtones sound blah.
* Notifications need to be dismissed once it is read.
Other than that, it is nice to have a new local number and to be able to access it through my iPad and my iPhone...because I sure didn't want to buy a home phone.
I love this app! It has never failed me on my iPod touch 5. I can be sitting at Starbucks and make a call from my ipod in this app, and looks like I am on my couch, calling from home. And the texting feature is awesome. Drove my daughter batty until I gave in that there is an app for that! Ha! (Text from home#)
And to all you folks who are unhappy with updates, go to your settings and make the necessary changes to ensure your apps aren't automatically updated. Otherwise quite your bitc#!ng.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 27, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 61.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Cable Communications
- © Copyright 2014 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.