Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
XFINITY Home lets you stay connected to your home anytime, anywhere. You can remotely arm and disarm your system, see when the kids got home with video monitoring, turn on your lights before you walk in the door and even adjust your thermostat – all from your smartphone or tablet.
- Remote arm and disarm
- Real-time text and email alerts when alarms are triggered and motion is detected*
- Remote video monitoring*
- Lighting and thermostat control*
- Supports Works with XFINITY Home smart home devices — Nest Learning Thermostat, August Smart Lock, Lutron Caséta Wireless Lights, Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Opener, Sengled Element Touch bulb and GE Switches and Dimmers (Zigbee models)*
- Wi-Fi or 4G cellular internet connection
- XFINITY Home service
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password
(Need your Comcast ID? Go to http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/get-your-comcast-id-or-user-name/)
*Purchase of additional hardware may be required.
Disclaimer: Not available in all areas. Restrictions apply. Service and equipment sold separately. Services and features vary based on service package.
What's New in Version 8.16.2
- With the redesigned screen, you can manage settings more easily
- Our new Scenes functionality allows you to control your home devices (such as cameras, sensors and thermostats) together easily to suit your daily routine. For example, when you leave home you can turn off all of your lights, arm the house and turn on 24/7 recording. With new rule options, you can schedule and control devices based on a specific event or time, such as capturing video and turning on the lights when a door opens.
Schedule for thermostat no longer works
Recently the scheduling for the thermostat has stopped working. Whenever I go into the app to adjust the schedule I previously had set it constantly says "LOADING" but it never comes up no matter how long I wait. It's such an inconvenience because I can't adjust my thermostat from the previous presets. Something needs to be done about this. It's so incredibly frustrating. To add to this poor working app, my upstairs NEST thermostat has NEVER worked through the Xfinity app. I must use the NEST app in order to control it. So instead of having the convenience of one app to control several items in my home, I still must move between multiple apps to get everything done.
Response to developers response:
This issue has nothing to do with my Xfinity account. It's a problem with your app that YOU need to fix. Contacting you in a forum will not help my issue. It will only lead to more frustration, and by the end of all the hoops you have me jump through my problem still wouldn't be resolved. This is not my first rodeo with you guys, and I prefer to keep my sanity in tacked for now.
Unstable and disappointed
I am constantly getting errors stating commands are not working although, for example, the lights will still turn on or off. The camera functions are the biggest disappointment though because they are nearly useless. Most of the time they will not pull up images for me to see and I cannot connect at all unless I am on WiFi, which completely defeats the purpose of having MOBILE security. I have had Xfinity Home since it first got rolled out and I am constantly having problems but the only other company I would change over to you have to purchase all your equipment out of pocket for them to even set it up for monitoring and it is not on the top of my honey to do list right now. I am hoping that Comcast can get he bugs worked out soon.
App won't even load😤
I had the same problem as others where the schedule won't load. I deleted the app, reloaded it and now i can't even sign in! GARBAGE! Today I get to spend endless amounts of time on the phone with the customer service, jumping through hoops and I know it's still not going to fix my problem because it's YOUR app that doesn't work, not my account or my phone. 😖 I never wanted this ridiculous junk, my husband did and he's is sick of me telling him to adjust the thermostat and turning the alarm on & off, checking the cameras etc. His App works, obviously. It's a matter of time and I'm sure it'll stop and then maybe we can get rid of this garbage.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 13, 2017
- Version: 8.16.2
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2016 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.