XFINITY TV Go
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
XFINITY TV subscribers can watch thousands of XFINITY On Demand TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere, with XFINITY TV Go.
Watch your favorite sports, news and kids networks live
- Stream TV shows and movies from premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and channels like NBC, ABC, FOX, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, A&E, AMC, WETV, Food Network and HGTV*
- Download TV shows and movies from Showtime, Streampix, Starz, Encore and MoviePlex and watch them when you’re offline*
- Set parental controls for privacy and peace of mind
-Optimized for iOS 8
- Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection for streaming and downloading of video.
- iPhone 4+, iPad 2+ or Retina iPod Touch running iOS 6 or higher.
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service, plus a subscription to one or more eligible channels.
- Comcast ID or Comcast email address and password.
Streaming and downloading of video is not available internationally
* You will be able to view shows and movies from channels you subscribe to.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
Not what it should be
If this app is for paid Comcast subscribers, then why are so few channels available through the app? I'm a big watcher of Discovery and Science channel - both are missing from the on-demand and live sections of the app. The channels available through the app should match what I can get through my cable box.
The live TV feature is a bust - not only does it constantly pause to re-buffer, but there is no information about what's on, not even after you select a channel to watch. You just have to wait through the commercial break and hope you're familiar enough with whatever program is on to recognize it.
If my cable box weren't currently busted, I wouldn't even bother with this half-baked app.
Plan to at least double your view time
This looks to be a really great app, but every time I use it there seems to be a continual problem with it having to pause to reload or pop up with various error messages. On the rare occasion, i might be able to see all or most of a show without interruption, but most of the time I'm doing good to get 5 uninterrupted minutes. It doesn't seem to matter if it is a live stream or archived program, the interruptions continue. Extremely annoying and frustrating to say the least. I know that my internet connections are high speed and I don't have these problems with other apps. If xfinity ever gets their act together to make these constant interruptions a thing of the past then it will be a full 5 star awesome app.
Is this supposed to be a complement app for paid service?
If this is then why can't end users be able to mirroring the app on a bigger screen and why are they having to deal with old shows and bad quality channels such as TNT?
Overall, I appreciate Comcast for trying to make their service convenient for traveling people like myself. But not being able to enjoy a good show after a long day at work is really making me to have those wonderings above. I believe Comcast can do better than it and I can't wait to see improvements to be made soon.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.