XFINITY TV Go
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
XFINITY TV subscribers can watch thousands of XFINITY On Demand TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere, with XFINITY TV Go.
Watch your favorite sports, news and kids networks live
- Stream TV shows and movies from premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and channels like NBC, ABC, FOX, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, A&E, AMC, WETV, Food Network and HGTV*
- Download TV shows and movies from Showtime, Streampix, Starz, Encore and MoviePlex and watch them when you’re offline*
- Set parental controls for privacy and peace of mind
- Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection for streaming and downloading of video.
- iPhone 4S+, iPad 2+, or Retina iPod Touch running iOS 8 or higher.
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service, plus a subscription to one or more eligible channels.
- Comcast ID or Comcast email address and password.
Streaming and downloading of video is not available internationally
* You will be able to view shows and movies from channels you subscribe to.
What's New in Version 2.4.6
When I first downloaded it, it worked perfectly. Yes, there were commercials but it was letting me watch my shows so I let it go. A month later, the commercials are now 5 minutes long. I get through it because while at work, I need some entertainment. Then one day, my show stops playing completely and I keep getting the "video error" notification when trying to play ANY show. I delete the app and redownload it along with turn my phone on and off in HOPES it will fix the problem with the app not allowing me to watch shows. I start feeling hopeful because now the show is starting but now the show is no longer playing properly, AGAIN! It plays for barely 2 minutes.. Glitches.. Stops having volume or freezes then fails to load at all. So yeah, pretty frustrating. Idk what needs to be done to fix this, an update maybe? But PLEASE do it soon!!!
If there is a way to make my videos play, someone please let me know. I don't care if there are commercials or ads, I will get through them. I do, however, care that my videos aren't playing AT ALL. Thank you.
1. Too many ads. The app forces ads even if I am finding the right stop to start the video. If I want to start the video midway, there are at least 4 ads and if you don't find the right spot, more ads will be forced on the consumer - just for figuring out where to start. So you should let the folks find the right place to start the video and after 30 seconds or so, insert the ads.. This will remove or reduce the annoying effect of ads. Also, you need to find variety of ads.. The same ads are showing up.
2. ' Tapping for more information' - people touch phone displays quite a bit. This feature will really take you out of video you are watching.. Pretty annoying. Tapping for more information is working on ‘touch' on any part of the screen. If it reacts to touch on specific area of screen, it would be much better. Also, ads should not take people out of app.. Either the additional information should be displayed in the form of interactive video or use embedded browser in the video player with the ability to come back to video quickly
To many ads and inconvenient seek/rewind/fastfwd
The ads ads in this app are completely ridiculous. They repeat themselves over and over again and are extremely loud so that every time they come on you have to turn them down and then turn the volume back up when the program comes on. Why allow this when it would be easy to normalize the volume?
When you try to skip through the movie you have to watch all the ads they embed throughout the video, again and again. Totally unnecessary and unfair and intrusive and inconvenient in my opinion. This is 2015; it's insulting that Comcast is still playing dumb on this matter in order to shove some more ads in your face. As I'm writing this I am watching the same commercial for American Idol that I have watched at least 20 times today. What a complete waste of time.
Also skipping through the program is pretty much useless in the first place as there is no resolution when you're skipping and often you accidentally skip to the completely wrong place or accidentally end up having to watch the same 4 mins of ads again. Other players like Netflix etc have solved this issue. It's unbelievable to me that Comcast is such a huge successful company and yet they can again be proven so incompetent in giving customers what they want. Then again, it's not that surprising given previous Comcast user experiences.
Awful interface, needs to be fixed.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 2.4.6
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.