XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 7.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
Crash fixes for devices running iOS 9. We also restored the ability to tune to TV Listings and OnDemand content when not on the Comcast Recommended Lineup; please note that tuning results may be wacky if the lineup you've picked doesn't match what's on your TV!
Great, good and bad!
This app is soooo much better than the cable remote. With the remote, the screen is black, lettering too small and too light. Very, very difficult to read from across the room. Find the app far better to read and easy to use. Have not experienced crashing or other problems. Recordings set on the app are always as directed. But.....two things Xfinity needs to work on. First, WHY doesn't the guide know when a program ends, if delayed by a sporting event? Seems to me to be an easy fix. Annoying to have to remember to record the program following a recorded program in case it runs longer. Secondly, WHY doesn't Xfinity know what cable plan I pay for and customize the remote for what is available for me to view? Scrolling through program after program that I don't get is a waste of time. This also seems like a needed customer friendly feature.
Great, when it works
This app is great in some ways and awful in others. It's easy to use and the listings are clear and easy to navigate. The search function is also very useful. I love being able to filter to see just the channels I've faved, so I don't have to wade through the offerings on the many worthless channels, and can just see things I'm interested in.
BUT, the app is very unstable. It crashes about 1/3 of the time, and we almost always get repeated (as many as 6-7) error messages when trying to change channels. It's very frustrating. Also, if you select something on demand using this app, you still need the remote for your set top box to actually start the program. It would be so much more convenient if you could actually start a program from this app. If you plan to use this app as your main remote, remember that you have to keep the remote nearby for that purpose.
Crashes Since iOS9 Update
Never had a problem with XFINITY TV Remote app crashing...ever! Since updating to iOS9, this app crashes EVERY time I use it. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail. There was an update post-iOS9 to the XFINITY Connect app. When will there be a fix for the TV Remote app? After reading most recent reviews, I'm wondering why Comcast has not come out with an update since so MANY people are reporting crash problems only since iOS 9 update!
Still waiting on an iOS 9 update! Updates for Xfinity Connect and Xfinity to go. When will Comcast update the tv Remote app? Crashes constantly! Useless since updating to ios9 on iPad.
Now that the crashes have been fixed, maybe a fix can be made that actually allows me to change the channel without having to try 3 or 4 times first. The error message is tiresome! Again, this never happened until the Apple iOS9 update...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 20, 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.