XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 7.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: email@example.com. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
Crash fixes for devices running iOS 9. We also restored the ability to tune to TV Listings and OnDemand content when not on the Comcast Recommended Lineup; please note that tuning results may be wacky if the lineup you've picked doesn't match what's on your TV!
I love this app! Was looking for a tvguide when out to look up a show and found this. Soooo easy to use and it usually takes me a minute. Love that you can change the channel from another room when doing something else. It's great that it gives you a full description with a pic of the show. I am obsessed with certain shows and it's great when you are out that you can check to see if a show is new or repeat so you know without worries to hurry up or not. It's great that when you search for a show that it gives you the on demand options too. Not sure why there are complaints about other channels that aren't in your package since it gives you the option to set your favorites which I have done to eliminate channels that I never watch. Easy to change these up too. The only thing I wish was an option that is available on the tv remote is seeing upcoming times a show is on. Wish that would be available when you click on the description of the show. Such a wonderful app that it's hard to complain about anything. Thanks! Xfinity for making my phone even more useful.
Super Convenient! Pretty awesome!!
I randomly downloaded app thinking I was getting just a basic TV guide. I knew there was the app out for the remote and seen commercials for it but I thought I had to purchase to be able to use the remote. After downloading and playing around with the app I was amazed to find out that it was an actual TV remote I can change the Chanel and explore Chanel's I was also able to record my favorite shows all the touch if my cell phone. I know why not just use the basic remote. Well I don't have bad eye site at all. But to be able read from my phone. Up close instead of staring at the TV which is more convenient than reading from the TV. The features are pretty cool to naming your cable box. So for my bedroom I named it Alice's room. After using it a bunch. I ended up finding out I can change the Chanel from different rooms. This app is definitely 5 starz! It deserves 10 if that was an option!! I highly recommend download if you have bad eye site. Or if you rather get rid of the slow remote of yours and use this fantastic app with the touch of your smart phone!!
Good basic functions but channel clutter to upgrade is annoying
The good news is the app does a great job of changing channels and is much more stable than previous versions that crashed or would not reliably control the TV.
The bad news is that Xfinity insists on cramming a bunch of channels not on our subscription list into the lineup. Clearly they’re hoping you’ll see the channels and upgrade your subscription to a more pricey option. Sorry, but I don’t need that constant nagging on their part, and I don’t need the clutter on the channel listing.
Worse, if you accidentally click on a channel you’re not paying for, it will change the TV channel but (of course) put up a banner window on your TV telling you to call Xfinity if you wish to upgrade. But subsequently changing channels on the TV Remote app to a good channel does not remove the banner window on your TV. It stays there, blocking content, until you find a REAL remote control which can then be used to dismiss that window. But if I have a real remote, why do I need this app?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 20, 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.