XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 7.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: email@example.com. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
Crash fixes for devices running iOS 9. We also restored the ability to tune to TV Listings and OnDemand content when not on the Comcast Recommended Lineup; please note that tuning results may be wacky if the lineup you've picked doesn't match what's on your TV!
Great, when it works
This app is great in some ways and awful in others. It's easy to use and the listings are clear and easy to navigate. The search function is also very useful. I love being able to filter to see just the channels I've faved, so I don't have to wade through the offerings on the many worthless channels, and can just see things I'm interested in.
BUT, the app is very unstable. It crashes about 1/3 of the time, and we almost always get repeated (as many as 6-7) error messages when trying to change channels. It's very frustrating. Also, if you select something on demand using this app, you still need the remote for your set top box to actually start the program. It would be so much more convenient if you could actually start a program from this app. If you plan to use this app as your main remote, remember that you have to keep the remote nearby for that purpose.
Needs a lot of fixes...
Filtered searches are useless to determine what content (instant watch and channel line-up) is available to customers as part of their subscription, OnDemand commands (pause, play, FF, RW, etc) cannot be controlled with app, and those were the problems while the app was working right.
Now: Crashes frequently, "watch now" buttons in OnDemand do not work, and regular channel selection only works after several attempts. Still usable as a guide but many other apps offer guides.
Ways to improve: Resolve bugs, add pause,play, FF, etc. features to OnDemand, add a "My Content" feature to filter menu that allows a customer to browse only content available in their subscription (incorporating ads for additional content would be appropriate). Add a feature that allows users to create OnDemand playlists (for consecutive autoplay) and scheduled programming selection.
Disastrous failure, crashes every 3rd or 4th tap.
While attempting to get details of a show in "TV Listings" on my iPad Air (iOS 9.1), every few taps causes this app to crash. I'm returned to the Home page with this app in background. Switching back to app (or tapping on app's icon), I'm required to start from scratch: Slide to desired channel, slide to desired time, and try again for a couple times until it crashes again. I've deleted app and reinstalled numerous times. iOS 9.1 has been out here for plenty enough time for Comcast to fix this. Hello?
(20 Nov 2015 update)
New version may have fixed constant crashes, but using channel change function (tap on left column channel number) fails 3 out of 4 tries! What is the problem with development and testing??? No QA? Who's getting all the money we pay to Comcast?? Top 1% still??
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 20, 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.