XFINITY TV Remote
By Comcast Interactive Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using: Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone (3GS, 4 or 4S) or iPod touch (3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 4.3 and above
- Changing channels, recording to your DVR, and starting On Demand require a WiFi or 3G internet connection.
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas. Streaming video is not available internationally.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
*** Follow @XfinityTVApps on Twitter for tips and product information.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 1.20.0
1. NO LINK between Remote & Play apps & X1Box
2. NO DELETE QUEUE. my X1Box set top box has 44 shows in delete queue but does not allow select all delete, so you are forced to delete 1 by 1 a such a basic feature does not take super brains to think about!? but app does not manage that queue either, so one is forced to go online!?
3. you can not SEARCH & play all shows?! only those currently on, not future schedule beyond 24hrs, even though they are scheduled long ahead. so what is the point of search & scheduling & favorites if one has to wait & be stuck to tv for weeks or months to plan?!
4. NO INDICATION OF WATCHED EPISODES. plus it does not resume where you left off on tv or app or site, nothing links or is seamless as Apple.
GO BACK TO OLD ICON
For how relatively un-useful this app is in practice (if you lose your regular remote, you're screwed, and it only works on the big boxes—not the small converter whose tiny remote gets lost all the time in our household), the recent update to change the icon has made me want to uninstall the app altogether. The remote symbol is misleading, first off, and I arrange my apps by type, use, and color. Very few apps use a black background for a reason, and so this one now stands out like a sore thumb on the home screen. Change it back, please!
Decent, could be a lot better
So a few people have mentioned this already, but if you don't have the actual remote for your box then this isn't going to really be as helpful as you might think. If you choose a program OnDemand that you want to see, you have to use the actual remote to start the program.
One thing I would like to see is customized channel listing. We've signed in with our account, how about you only show the channels we're subscribed to?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 31, 2014
- Version: 1.20.0
- Size: 30.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2014 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.