XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View TV Listings and tune to your preferred channels
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 9.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Welcome to the new TV Remote... which will probably feel pretty familiar, as it looks very much like the old TV Remote. A lot has changed in six years, however, so we've taken the opportunity to modernize both the services the app depends on and the user interface. We aimed to preserve, highlight, and improve the most commonly-used features of the app while trimming away no-longer-necessary or ancillary features. Here are some of the biggest changes:
- Favorite channels are now shared with your X1 set-top box instead of the web. If you already have favorites set up on your set-top box, you'll see them in the app when you filter TV Listings by Favorites. If you don't have X1, don't worry -- your favorites are still shared across all your mobile devices. Go to Settings > Favorite Channels to choose the channels you watch most often.
- Browsing On Demand is now more like the X1 set-top box experience -- even if you don't have X1. Navigate by network, dive into TV or Movie collections, and check out our new Kids tab.
- You can still search by program title, but now you can also search for networks, channels, and sports teams too.
Things have improved
All of the options of the old App is now available but in a different format. After using it several times, it is much easier to use then after the first update. It took a while to find the old options but they are all available. This is still a great program that i enjoy using. The channel locator, access to all TV locations, being able to change channels in another room, search function, On Demand and recording programs make this a winner. Next change should be voice control.
First attempt to use was a disaster. Second time most of my objections were fixed. The changes do not improve the old version and only attests to the adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Now, when you record a program it no longer shows the red dot which told us what had been recorded. To find the recorded program list is much harder to find. Please remove the upgrade and bring back the old version. It was a GREAT program.
I didn't think they could make the remote more kludgy, they did.
This has never been an easy to navigate app. I'm not sure who the think the customer is, but it's apparently not me. Version 3 scuttled some usefulness for an app that probably demos well to upper management, but is less useful than the previous version.
Selecting another show for the accordion description requires a second press to close the accordion description before you can select another description doubling the number of touches to move about the interface. Gone are season and episode info in the descriptions. The filters are in a hard to reach place and without touching the rooms widget, there's no indication what room you are controlling and if you accidentally change the channel on a loved one, there's no way to change it back for them. I yell "Sorry" a lot because of this oversight.
Latest update extends the width of the columns so less programs fit in the screen. Bad change and no option in the settings menu to adjust. Also not all info included in the on-screen guide are included in the app, for example movie ratings. This feels like an omission, as I really like this feature on my hardware cable box.
It would also be very nice if it allowed me to click on one program the swipe left to see the next program details for the same channel without having to back out of the details and manually click the next program.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.