This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Only XFINITY gives you more to stream on any screen. Watch live TV and XFINITY On Demand on any device at home or on the go. If you're an X1 Cloud DVR customer, you can also stream or download your Cloud DVR recordings to your device and watch anywhere.
- Filter by Available Out of Home to watch more than 200 channels of Live TV on the go from any available WiFi or cellular connection in the U.S.
- Choose from tens of thousands of TV shows and movies available for streaming On Demand. Filter by Available for Download to see programs available for offline viewing.
- X1 Cloud DVR customers can watch saved recordings from anywhere in the U.S. with an internet connection. Once downloaded, videos can be viewed offline—anytime, anywhere (including planes, trains, and automobiles).
- Favorites on X1 now sync with the XFINITY Stream app. Easily track the channels, TV shows, movies, & sports teams you love.
- If you have previously made a movie purchase On Demand, you can take these purchases with you wherever you go, right from the app!
- Trying to find a show or movie? Use the search function to see if it is available On Demand or airing soon.
Exclusive In-Home Features:
- Watch live TV streams from your entire channel lineup when on your in-home XFINITY network.
- Choose from XFINITY’s full Video On Demand library, filtered to show only the content included in your subscription at no extra charge.
- Stream rented TV shows and movies right to the app during the rental period.
- Reliable WiFi or cellular internet connection for video streaming and downloading.
- XFINITY service with a subscription to one or more eligible channels to watch live or On Demand video.
- XFINITY username and password. Forget your username or need to create one? See the help links directly below!
Get Help Signing In:
- Create an XFINITY username and password: xfinity.com/getstarted
- Look up your existing XFINITY username: xfinity.com/username
- Reset your XFINITY password: xfinity.com/password
- Help and support page: xfinity.com/support/stream/
What's New in Version 4.7.1
-Optimized the height of the minimized player on iPhone X.
Unable to setup recordings, plus
xFinity has updated their stream app but a lot of us can no longer set a program to record as before the last three updates. Not on my iPad Pro or my 7 Plus the option is gone to record a program. After calling support again, they said it is a problem several customers are having and we could expect it to be fixed in 24 hours, over a week ago. The app also stops working properly more often than not, with every update. So often I have to restart the app or the WiFi or even the iPad to see the channels while home. If not it will say I can only use the channels marked “To-go” and that’s while I’m home on my home WiFi.
One of my favorite things about the app was the option to “hit record”. It allowed me to record something I wasn’t going to be home in time to see or record what I was watching on my phone if I had to stop so I could finish it later. That option isn’t on there as of the last two weeks. I thought maybe I changed something- but couldn’t find it to turn back on
Otherwise, I think it runs smoothly and is a great way for me to catch some show in my busy life
Record series function has disappeared
Why can’t you just make this app work? Every few weeks there seems to be another major issue after another. But this problem is big. Where did the record series or record episode or recording options button go? Now the only option is either ‘watch’ or add to ‘favorite’. I’ve tried the iPad app and the iPhone app and neither gives me the option to record a show. Under series info the only button option is ‘add to favorites’ and under episodes or upcoming episodes the only button option is watch. Can you please fix this???????
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 139 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2017 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.