By Comcast Cable Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The XFINITY WiFi app for iOS is available exclusively for XFINITY Internet customers and contains WiFi security features to improve your safety and privacy while using certain XFINITY WiFi hotspots around town. The app also automatically connects you to XFINITY WiFi hotspots when in range. It makes it easy to find XFINITY WiFi hotspots with enhanced search tools and directions.
• Automatically connect to XFINITY WiFi, including secure hotspots where available
• "Near Me" locates all nearby XFINITY WiFi hotspots
• View maps and lists of hotspots, with walking and driving directions
• Create and save your favorite hotspots for easy reference later
• View the business name of hotspot locations and filter by business category
• Find hotspots when not connected, using offline data sets
• A WiFi enabled device running iOS 8.0 and up
• XFINITY Internet service (25Mbps and above)
• XFINITY username and password
XFINITY Internet customers:
Don’t know your username? https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup
Forgot your password? https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset
Comcast Business Internet customers:
Don’t know your username? https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/Registration/ForgotEmail
Forgot your password? https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/Registration/ForgotPassword
XFINITY WiFi Hotspots
XFINITY WiFi is the largest, fastest WiFi network in the nation, so there is always a hotspot where you need it most. XFINITY WiFi is included with XFINITY Internet service (25 Mbps and above) for no additional charge. Stream what you love around town. Save on your mobile data plan.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. The XFINITY WiFi app is optimized to stop GPS use automatically when you are stationary. To disable GPS in the XFINITY WiFi app: On your device go to iOS Settings / XFINITY WiFi / Location and select ‘While Using the App’. Some functionality in the app may no longer be available.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
• Improved look and feel making it easier to locate hotspots, get directions, and navigate
• Additional functionality to prioritize and connect to preferred networks when available
• Text displayed in your list of available networks to notify you when XFINITY WiFi is available and you’re connected
• Enhanced WiFi security and privacy features
•Option to enable GPS only while using the XFINITY WiFi app
You can't improve your reputation by changing you name. This is terribly overpriced service and is a scam to make you think it's worth it. Comcast has the worst reputation for service so they said if we are late we will give you $20 off, bull just show up when you are supposed to. There is a game of monopoly afoot. They work by comparing prices against their competitors then make the appropriate switch and bait. Keep calling them even when you need to change your batteries because you pay for services you aren't going to get. XFINITY doesn't care about you unless you complain.....go ahead find a place to do that! The app constantly needs updating so if you don't update that will be their excuse.
I travel all over the country and spend way more time on the road than at home so this app is a lifesaver for keeping me connected. I'm thrilled that they've finally responded to feedback and enabled users to only use location services while using the app. Now if they would just allow us to report faulty hotspots, I'd go for the full five stars. Too many hotspots allow you to connect to them but they're not actually connecting to the internet which can be pretty frustrating.
Sometimes struggles to connect to wifi network
Most of the time this app works great but maybe 25% of the times it has a hard time connecting to a wifi hotspot. Seems to happen most often when the phone has been a sleep for hours and drops the wifi signal at some point. When you wake the phone up to use it again and reconnect the wifi signal, you have to go into air plane mode or turn off wifi and turn back on etc. Mostly very annoying not the end of the world though
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 07, 2016
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC
- © 2016 Comcast Cable Communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.