XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View TV Listings and tune to your preferred channels
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 9.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
We just released a revamped TV Remote a couple weeks ago, and now we're back with a few more improvements. (We've also worked out -- and continue to hunt down -- a few server-side issues that have been affecting device lists and channel lineups. Those will continue to be resolved with service deployments and won't require an app update.) Updates to the app since 3.0.0:
The return of Kids, Sports, and Movies filters! You can find them -- and combine them -- with the HD, SAP, and CC filers in the Filter menu.
Record button label now properly changes to Cancel when you record a show. (If it's part of a series, it'll say Record Episode or Cancel Episode and give a series option when you tap.)
Watch on TV and Record buttons have moved to the top of the listing details on phones to make room for the full show description. Nobody likes a sentence that never...
Performance improvements around loading and scrolling, and a bunch of small bug fixes.
Finally! Now I don't have to keep searching for my d✩mn lost tv remote. I love that I can just view the TV guide and shows description right on the app and not have to strain my eyes trying to read about what's on, on the tv screen itself. And it's super easy to use. Just sign in with my comcast email, find what I want to watch On The apps guide and click a button to change the channel. and I can simply enter the channel number if I already know what I want to watch. The only downside is that this app doesn't have a volume button☹ if they would add that then this app would be perfect!
Very handy TV guide and remote. Two gripes.
1. If you don't have your iPad or iPhone muted, when you use the app as a remote to change channels, the iPad or iPhone issues a very annoying and loud chirp. There is no setting to turn off the chirp. This setting needs to be added.
2. Currently, our Comcast connection is paid at the highest speed and we have the best modem and router we can find, optimized (through their control panels) for best performance. In spite of this, channel listings are very slow to load.
(N.b., our internet connect speed is flaky at best. It is consistently superb during service calls, and can be intermittently quite low. Probably off topic…)
Latest update broke it
Not all info included in the on-screen guide are included in the app, for example movie ratings and season/episode numbers. This feels like an omission, as I really like this info on my hardware cable box.
It would also be very nice if it allowed me to click on one program the swipe left to see the next program details for the same channel without having to back out of the details into the grid view and manually click the next program. Or alternatively at least include the episode title for shows below the show name within the grid view.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 13, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.