XFINITY TV Remote
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using: Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone (3GS, 4 or 4S) or iPod touch (3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 4.3 and above
- Changing channels, recording to your DVR, and starting On Demand require a WiFi or 3G internet connection.
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas. Streaming video is not available internationally.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
*** Follow @XfinityTVApps on Twitter for tips and product information.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Bug fixes and minor updates.
Users selecting a channel lineup not matching the Comcast lineup associated with their account, will find that tuning to Channels, On Demand and DVR content is disabled. Switching to the recommended lineup will enable full tuning capabilities.
Great practical & potentially jocular app
This is great for controlling cable box remotely. Sometimes I'll be out and about & realize that a show I'm interested in will start playing before I get home. I can tune the box to that channel so I can rewind (if I'm home within ~30 minutes) or record it. Another option is to use it to check available programming without interfering with current TV viewing (guide popping up in bottom third). It can also be used for a bit of fun with household members & especially friends who are house/pet-sitting. There they are innocently watching, oh let's say Golden Girls or an Attenborough nature documentary and all of a sudden the TV switches to an "adult art film". Please only try this with friends, you never know if a relative stranger might actually be freaked out. For unsuspecting friends I've found it to be an hysterical & innocent prank.
The one thing I would add to the app is SlingBox-like streaming.
Pretty good, for the most part
Pairing with the tv is pretty simplistic. The app is easy to use. The listings are correct 95% of the time. I would honestly give it 5*, less the fact that when you go to the on demand, you can select a program you wish to watch. But to actually watch it. You must then use the actual remote to hit enter. In which doing so, defeats the purpose of using the app from your phone. If there were an option to have an "Ok" button added or if when you tapped the program you wish to view, if the app could somehow bypass the fact you have to hit the "ok" button. Nevertheless, a small qualm. It is otherwise a functional and useful app that I would say to the person that tends to lose their remote, or has a person in the house that is overly possessive of the remote, download the app.
It great okay
I write this because if I don't I get reminders every other day about "please rate my app". ComcastXfinity, whatever you wish to call them is like a coin! It is either Excellent, or it is not working right and then you deal with twelve prompts to get a human being. The most of annoying is the one for "If you wish to continue in English press 1." Then I have to listen to Spanish to select 5? When my grandparentcame here from a European country that English was not even close to the national language, THEY LEARNED it. I don't care what language you speak, but here we speak English, deal with it! Then when you have verified you are the primary account holder, verified phone number, whether it is Internet or cable problem then you wait to ..
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 28, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2015 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.