XFINITY TV Remote
By Comcast Interactive Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using: Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone (3GS, 4 or 4S) or iPod touch (3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 4.3 and above
- Changing channels, recording to your DVR, and starting On Demand require a WiFi or 3G internet connection.
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/ for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas. Streaming video is not available internationally.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
*** Follow @XfinityTVApps on Twitter for tips and product information.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond directly through iTunes but would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 1.20.0
GO BACK TO OLD ICON
For how relatively un-useful this app is in practice (if you lose your regular remote, you're screwed, and it only works on the big boxes—not the small converter whose tiny remote gets lost all the time in our household), the recent update to change the icon has made me want to uninstall the app altogether. The remote symbol is misleading, first off, and I arrange my apps by type, use, and color. Very few apps use a black background for a reason, and so this one now stands out like a sore thumb on the home screen. Change it back, please!
Like it but......
I like the app and use it more than many of my other apps. I like it because I can set up filters, navigate quickly through my fav channels and find something to watch. Point and click, done. However, I hate the fact it's not a fully useful remote. Hate the fact I need that huge remote around too. I've lived all over the country, used different cable systems with iPhone apps. This is the only app that doesn't function as a full remote. So it can be done and it should be done. Looking forward to that in the next release.
It never works, it is not user friendly at all and is completely unreliable. Not convenient in any way. I have nothing but trouble with this app and have lost many programs that I have saved and does not record programs that I have set it to record. Don't waste your time. And comcast has to have THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I hate comcast but am forced to use their service because that is all that's available in my apartment complex or I would have verizon in a second. I have had comcast and verizon both before and I feel verizon is the definite way to go if you have the option.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 31, 2014
- Version: 1.20.0
- Size: 30.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Comcast Interactive Media
- © Copyright 2014 Comcast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.