By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
XMenu adds one or more global menus to the right side of the menu bar. They give you access to your preferred applications, folders, documents, files, and snippets. Launch any application or insert text snippets or web addresses into your email messages or Pages documents with a single menu choice.
- No need for configuration
- Six predefined folders: Applications, Developer Applications, Home, Documents, User-Defined, and Snippets
- Keeps all your snippets and text modules handy
- Operates as a menu extra, requires no hacks or extensions
- Ideal replacement for Dock folders in Mac OS X 10.5
What's New in Version 1.9.4
This is a maintenance release.
- Improved: More reliable 64-bit code.
- Improved: Updated links for new DEVONtechnologies website.
I've been using this app for 15 seconds so far...
And, OMG THIS IS AWESOME! It's exactly what I need. I just got a mac recently and one of the big things I miss about my old pc is that there isn't like, you know, a one click menu to bring up all of my installed applications. You think Apple would realize that more than two clicks to start an application is too many clicks. PCs have had it for what, 20 years now? This gives me an application menu, and does it well. I would have -paid- for this if it was only $1, it's just that good.
Exactly what it should be
I've used Macs since 1984, and watched in futility as the OS has gradually evolved to form (glitz) over function. Many current app users don't know what a simple pleasure it used to be to use a Mac. This is a throw-back app, in the best possible sense. It brings back the drop-down menu for apps, utilities and whatever else you like, making it far easier to reach and open the item you want. It is well designed with great flexibility, and the instructions are pretty good.
I can't rate this badly because it does what is says it does, and works great. I guess my biggest hang up with 90% of the apps in the Mac App Store, this one included, OS-X already does nearly everything out of the box. You just have to look for it sometimes. I mean really, is Finder, An App folder on the right side of the line, LaunchPad, the Dock and Search not PLENTY of ways to get to EVERYTHING on your mac? xmenu just adds another way. Great…. I guess…. /shrug
I am deleting it, waste of HD space imo….
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 29, 2012
- Version: 1.9.4
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001-2011 Christian Grunenberg, DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later