A world first in mobile health, xRapid-Malaria allows health workers from all over the world to diagnose malaria quickly, accurately, with less than an hour of training.
The app provides qualitative and quantitative diagnostic results with an accuracy greater than 98% in both laboratory and field conditions. Additionally, it has the lowest cost per test on the global market.
xRapid-Malaria is based on the traditional thick smear diagnostic test used in optical malaria parasite microscopy. The analysis is automated by means of digital image analysis and artificial intelligence. It runs locally, without requiring an internet connection. Largely independent of the operator skills, it combines the quality assurance and accuracy of a laboratory microscope test - the gold standard - with the accessibility and speed of rapid diagnostic tests, all at a significantly lower cost than either.
- Diagnoses malaria from traditional microscope slides at a rate of 30 per hour within 98% of accuracy, with a sensibility of 2 parasites per microliter
- All five types of plasmodium (Falciparum, Vivax, Ovalae, Malariae, Knowlesi) detected
- Both traditional Giemsa and Field stains now supported
- Accurate parasite count per microliter, by raw numbers or by percentage
- Automated generation of reports: send my mail, export as PDF or spreadsheet, print
- Functionality to store patient files and practitioner details
- Save and upload high quality microscopy pictures for QC or further analysis
Feel free to contact us to receive detailed protocols for the preparation of thick smears, and our best practice guide.
PLEASE NOTE: A COMPOUND MICROSCOPE WITH 1000× OIL-IMMERSION OBJECTIVE, AN IPHONE ADAPTER AND A TEST CONTRACT ARE REQUIRED FOR THE USE OF THIS APPLICATION.
This release includes fixes and the most requested features:
- support for Field stain, tailored to the fast thick smear protocol
- iPhone 7 support, feel free to contact us if you cannot source an adapter for your microscope
- unified results/test log views
- export to spreadsheets and PDF
- a flock of non-critical bugs (parasites? ;-) squashed
We have now tested successfully on Olympus, Nikon and Leica microscopes, and are always happy to try more.
- ianxen ltd
- 43.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 xRapid Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.