Xto7 for Final Cut Pro
By Assisted Editing
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Move a Final Cut Pro X Event or Project to Final Cut Pro 7 and beyond!
This app translates Final Cut Pro X Event or Project XML (fcpxml) and converts it for import into Final Cut Pro 7 or other applications.
Your Final Cut Pro Sequence XML is ready for:
• Final Cut Server
• Premiere Pro and then dynamic link to
- After Effects
- Encore (for real Blu-ray authoring)
• Final Cut Pro 7 and then to:
- Soundtrack Pro
- Motion 4
- OMF output for ProTools, etc.
- EDL export
- Print to tape and Edit to tape
- other Final Cut Pro 7 XML workflow tools (such as Sequence Clip Reporter for stock footage and music cue sheet reports).
Check the Xto7 for Final Cut Pro Support document for instructions, including listings of what translates and what doesn't.
• Final Cut Pro version 10.0.1 or later
• An application that imports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Final Cut Pro 7 or 6, Premiere Pro CC, Color etc.)
What's New in Version 1.1.37
• Bug fix for speed changes with divide by zero values
Lots of recent updates, much more reliable
I’m working on a television show, primarily using Adobe’s creative cloud. Some of our footage from outside is put in an offline edit by other editors using FCPX though. I purchased FCP X to have it handy for times like this, but I had no way to get their work into Premiere Pro for my final edit. They gave me their libraries, and now all I have to do is open it up in FCP X, select the events I want, and export an XML to use in Xto7. From there, I just convert it to a good ol’ fashioned FCP7 XML and import it directly for use in premiere (with the appropriate footage folder from the FCP X library). There have been a ton of updates recently in Xto7, and it has been working just fine. The only quirk I’ve had to deal with is sometimes crossfades don’t port over just right…but that’s an easy fix. Don’t expect for everything to be 100% perfect out of the box in every sequence, but it gives you a huge head start and will put everything where you need it on the timeline.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Apr 03, 2014
- Version: 1.1.37
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gregory Clarke
- © 2011-2013 Intelligent Assistance, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor