Xynthesizr: 32-step matrix sequencer/synthesizer with generative features and MIDI
By Yuri Turov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xynthesizr is a streamlined yet capable 32-step matrix sequencer/monotimbral synthesizer with generative features and MIDI.
"This really is a lot of fun and, hooked up to a synth like Thor or Z3TA+, there are plenty of creative options to be explored here." - John Walden, musicappblog.com
"Xynthesizr is about the only tone matrix app that can keep up with my short attention span. There are so many ways to shape, and constantly reshape, your sound... There's a lot to play with here!" - Tim Webb, discchord.com
"Xynthesizr holds a lot of creative potential, and between a user friendly interface, a practical onboard synth, inspiring generative features, and solid MIDI implementation, this is a useful tool that can really benefit a wide range of iOS musicians." - Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com
"...one of my absolute go-to apps" - Sean Garland, iosmars.com
Watch video demos on http://xynthesizr.com
Whether you are a musician who wants to get inspired and realize their ideas, or a person who enjoys easily creating electronic tunes, this app is for you.
Create patterns and modify them in real time, or let Xynthesizr do it for you using its morphing algorithms. Change scale and key, or transpose within a scale on-the-fly. Tweak parameters of the internal synthesizer or output MIDI to your favorite apps and devices. Record and share your creations.
◦ MIDI support for syncing and sending notes to synths, samplers and drum machines
◦ Notes to MIDI channel mapping for driving multiple apps or devices simultaneously
◦ MIDI input to control transposition with note messages and synthesizer/sequencer parameters with CC messages
◦ Audiobus 2 support
◦ Inter-App Audio support
◦ Background audio support
◦ 40+ bundled presets
◦ Save, export and import your own patterns and presets
◦ Record and export audio via AudioCopy, AudioShare, SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes file sharing
◦ Gestures to easily edit patterns on-the-fly
◦ [Conway's Game of] Life-like cellular automata and probability-based pattern morphing
◦ Limit pattern morphing to a selected area of the grid
◦ Variable tempo, step length subdivision and pattern length
◦ Variable velocity per step
◦ Selectable keys and scales with ability to transpose in real time
◦ An option to tie consecutive notes of same pitch to make longer notes
◦ Shift and flip patterns
◦ Create and use your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
◦ Extended range (27 notes for 4.7 and 5.5-inch screen devices, 26 notes for iPads and 4-inch, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
◦ Color-coded octaves
Synthesizer and FX feature:
◦ 32-bit floating point sound engine
◦ 16 voice polyphony
◦ 2 antialiased oscillators per voice
◦ 4 waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
◦ 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
◦ 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter cutoff frequency)
◦ 2 LFOs to modulate 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
◦ Stereo delay, reverb and randomized panner
What's New in Version 1.4.3
◦ Fixed audio issues on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
◦ Updated Audiobus SDK to version 2.2.2
Easy to use, stable, fast to program; use it to control your other iPad synths and drum machines. Visually, you can be looking at up to four different MIDI outputs simultaneously on one screen interface, which can be very helpful: bass, drums, keys x 2 for example. Also good for real-time tweaking of sequences on the fly. 32-steps, you can choose length, so odd time signatures like 9/8 are no problem, which is a BIG plus. Internal synth is actually pretty good too, I started off just using it to doodle with, but actually wind up making some sounds that I want to use. Velocity programming is a breeze, would love to see that extended to other modulation, filters or volume. This also has very robust generative features.
Sometimes I want a keyboard or pad input for MIDI, but when I want step sequencing, Xynthisizr is king. As easy to use as Gadget or Auxy but with MIDI out!
Another big fan
I love how easy this is to use, and especially appreciate that it is universal. It works just as well coming up with quick ideas on iPhone as well as iPad. And the fact that it is possible to assign different MIDI channels to different sound sources via Audiobus is icing on the cake.
Not a Toy!!
I saw that a reviewer stated that this app "is a toy for kids. Clearly this user doesn't understand the power that this app holds. It can sequence any other synth or drum app out there...that alone makes this app not a toy.
I hope potential customers can see the power this app holds. It is a must own app on my devices.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yuri Turov
- © 2013 Yuri Turov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.