By Y-cam Solutions Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access your HomeMonitor cloud camera from anywhere.
Watch live or see recorded events, keeping you in touch with what matters most – because you can’t always be there.
Features: FREE online cloud recording
• Videos safely stored away in the cloud
• Quick and easy setup
• Instant personalised motion alerts to your mobile
• High Definition image quality
This app requires a HomeMonitor camera, made by Y-cam.
What is HomeMonitor?
HomeMonitor lets you see and hear what's happening at your home or business from anywhere, on your pc, smartphone or tablet. An easy to set up security camera, it’s perfect for watching entrances, pets and minding your loved ones, day and night. HomeMonitor instantly alerts you when motion is detected. Watch live or review your last 7 days of recordings securely stored in your online cloud account, safe from theft. Unlike other cloud video recording solutions, storage is absolutely free. Add as many indoor and outdoor HomeMonitor cameras as you need and manage them all from one account
• FREE cloud recording: Save the clips that matter. Every movement detected during the last 7 days is recorded and stored in your secure online account, ready to view free of charge, no monthly fees.
• Safe and Secure: Even if your security camera is vandalised or stolen, your clips are safe in the cloud and fully protected utilising Industry standard encryption. Save your clips for 30 days by upgrading to HomeMonitor Plus.
• Quick & Easy Setup: Works straight out of the box, with no recording device required. Plug in the power, connect to your network and activate your online account, that's it - no technical skills necessary.
• Personalised Notifications: HomeMonitor instantly alerts you on your smartphone when motion has been detected. Easily set up daily recording schedules and custom recording zones, on areas such as doorways and windows; to ensure you're only alerted when it matters.
• Internet Friendly: HomeMonitor only records when something happens so it doesn’t need to constantly battle for the internet with other connected mobile devices in your home. Enjoy minimal impact on your surfing and download speeds and stay within your data allowance.
• Access on the go: View your recorded videos and stream live from anywhere at any time, using our free mobile IOS apps*
* IOS 7.0 and above
Note: HomeMonitor app is not compatible with any of the Y-cam IP camera range. If you are looking for an app to use with Y-cam IP cameras, we recommend Y-cam MultiLive for basic viewing, or IP Cam Viewer Pro for more advanced options.
What's New in Version 1.5
3 new amazing features absolutely free of charge to enhance your Y-cam HomeMonitor experience, as well as bug fixes and interface improvements.
• Location Recording - Automated enables/disables motion recording when Leaving or arriving home.
• On Demand Recording - Record instantly from live View by tapping the 'Record Button'.
• Login Notifications - Be alerted by email when new devices access your account.
Ability to contact us directly from the app.
Hit and Miss
This app has been very hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works well, but lately it's had a lot of issues. It's generally very slow to initially connect no matter how fast of a wireless network I'm on. It also frequently crashes when I try to start a stream. It usually takes 2 tries before I can actually view the live stream. Push notifications have also been broken for about a month and support blamed it on Apple, even though push notifications work for all other apps.
Work in progress
User for year and half. Have 2 cameras in two separate places. Loved it at first. Video and apps were not refined but did the job. By now, thought they would improve. Mobile App has more functions but performance is too erratic. Live feed frustrates me. Cameras seem to be of good quality. Think servers have to be beefed up to handle traffic to improve response time. Sure, they're based in England but no excuse for sluggish performance.
Not the greatest
Push notifications stopped working. There is no technical support other than what is posted on their website. Multiple emails asking for help have gone ignored.
The features they offer are amazing but they simply don't work properly. If they can get this thing working, it would be the best option out there. But at $200 a camera at this point, I feel abandoned and disappointed.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 52.8 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Y-cam Solutions Ltd
- © Y-cam Solutions Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.