Yahoo Fantasy Football & more - Daily + Full Season Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fantasy just got real. The Best Fantasy Football Mobile App and Best PC Experience, FSTA
Announcing Daily Fantasy on Yahoo plus the best in full season Fantasy Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and Tourney Pick’em, Yahoo Fantasy has you covered.
Easily switch between sports and games and focus on what really matters - drafting your team, setting your lineup, live scoring updates, news, stats, and winning!
• NEW! One Day Fantasy Baseball! Introducing Yahoo Daily Fantasy, draft a new roster every day for a chance to win cash. Enter free contests or put cash on the line to raise the stakes.
• Apple Watch support! The Apple Watch app gives an overview of your Fantasy teams with timely notifications, at a glance team overviews, and easy smack talking.
• Mobile video integrations! Watch the pros break down the week ahead on Fantasy Football Live and discuss player projections on Fearless Forecast.
• Improved league invite tool! Invite your friends with ease, simply import your contacts from Facebook, Yahoo Mail, Gmail and Outlook.com.
• Edge out the competition with Rotoworld and Yahoo Fantasy experts
• Participate in mock drafts on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
• Use message boards to talk smack with other managers
• Manage your roster, pick up players and make trades
• Be at the top of your game with instant scoring updates and breaking player news
• Switch between Daily and Full Season Fantasy to manage your teams
• Play in a free Daily Fantasy Baseball contest to learn the ropes
• Check matchups regularly to scope out competing teams
• Check league performance to see who’s crushing it each week
What people are saying:
“The app does a good job at presenting a simplified version of the desktop interface. Couldn’t ask for more.” -BB
Tell us what you think:
Yahoo is committed to building the best mobile experience and would love your feedback.
What's New in Version 7.2
• Pinpoint the second your opponent's heart rips in half with MLB player highlight videos.
• Check your football team's Draft Recap for an in depth analysis after your live draft and get ready for weekly Matchup Recaps.
• Are you Hall worthy? Find out with the Toyota Hall of Fame.
• Quickly visualize recent player performance with Daily Fantasy sparklines.
• RGIII no longer supported. Please upgrade to RG4.
Video Highlights = App Too Slow
Stop adding unnecessary features that make this MOBILE app too slow for the Fantasy Sports Enthusiast to use when trying to make quick decisions and changes to their teams.
One of the biggest issues from the beginning of this mobile app's existence has to do with it being an all-in-one Fantasy Sports app. Different sports should have their own app. This would make the apps more responsive and easier for developers to update. Separate apps "could" create a "stand out" experience for the user provided unique development teams are chosen to work on the apps.
Recent updates have continued to slow this app down. And now the latest update has brought the app to an UNNECESSARY crawl, by adding Video Highlights to many of individual player pages. Leave this stuff to the Sports News app.
Granted the highlights have NO audio, if they did, this app probably would take 20 minutes to even launch. BUT eliminating the audio to prevent slowing the app down only works if the MOBILE app wasn't already overtaxing a mobile device's resources.
Remember: know your app's purpose and listen to its users; if you don't practice Agile App Development, you have NO business creating mobile apps.
Still preseason for Yahoo! FFL
I recently installed the app for FFL '15, and found it clearly not ready for prime time. There's a permanent red 'alert' icon on the top left corner for no apparent reason whatsoever. The chat feature almost never works (maybe 10% of the time I've tried to use it) ("we all have bad days" every day??). Player profiles rarely load on the first attempt. And the new button at the bottom right seems like more wasted space (thanks, but I don't play Daily Fantasy), just like all the Yahoo! apps in the side menu that I NEVER use. I suppose pre-season extends to you too, Yahoo, which gives you 3 weeks to figure it out.
The app works alright, I was able to the draft on my iPod and it went smoothly and only drained a lil over half the battery after being open for 1.5 hours. BUT, there's so many dumb things here. When you click to sort free agents by stats (like clicking TDs to see the highest projected players for TDs, or yards etc, yeah you get it) it starts with the guys at 0. The 2500th ranked guy comes up. And you should add an option to look at projected season stats on the filter for free agents. Also, sometimes it just will not load player info and that gets annoying.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 21, 2015
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 75.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo! Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.