Your #1 finance destination to track the markets and the economy.
Follow the stocks you care about most and get personalized news and alerts. Access real-time stock information and investment updates to stay on top of the market.
• Track the performance of your personal portfolio.
• Add stocks to watchlists to get real-time stock quotes and personalized news
• Find all the financial information you need with sleek, intuitive navigation
• Go beyond stocks and track currencies, bonds, commodities, equities, world indices, futures, and more
• Compare stocks with interactive full screen charts
• Sign in to view and edit your Web portfolio on the go
• Track holdings performance
• Follow all the stocks you care about by searching for the ticker and tapping the star icon.
• Turn your device sideways to interact with full-screen charts
• Sync your portfolios across devices
This release includes fixes for an issue some users were experiencing with their watchlists, as well as general performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app 2 problem
I love Yahoo finance but I have two problems. One is on the app if I like anyone’s post and refresh the page my like is gone they don’t count. Please fix this bug! But on the webpage it works. The other problem is why do we get news notification but none when someone reply’s to our Comment?! Please add an option to see Replies or comments on your post, Google and Instagram and every other social media shouldn’t have an advantage on being able to see comments or getting notifications! I’ll change to 5 stars if this ever gets fixed but please consider. You would have a lot more active people if people knew when they received a reply because of they weren’t gonna check the app it would be a reason to hop on and start replying.
Thanks for taking the time to rate our app and provide this feedback regarding the Conversation message boards. I will share this with the team. Thx - NF
Used to be 5 star (before the recent versions broke things)
I really liked this app and its features, but the recent versions broke a couple things, so I rated 3 stars (at best) right now.
1. The app used to total up my portfolio based on the share quantity and basis prices I have entered. But now all I get is a bunch of black/red/green dots where my portfolio total should be. I tried pull-down refreshes and app restarts, but no luck. I cannot get a portfolio total anymore, which was a key feature for me.
2. When I scroll down to read additional news headlines, the scroll pane jumps around every few seconds as I am reading the headlines. This is really annoying.
Both these recent issues really impact the app’s usefulness, so now I can rarely stand using it.
Hi mkazimer - the dots where your total should be are an added privacy feature. If you tap on the dots the total will appear. In regards to the scrolling, that is a known issue and we are working to correct that. We appreciate all your feedback and thank you for choosing to use Yahoo Finance.
Data can’t be trusted and spamming is rampant
Used this app for over a year. It has not improved much from the beginning. There is no evidence that yahoo is actively working towards preventing the never ending useless spamming, constant gif posts from idiots looking for attention, and bots posting links to click bait sites. Sending problem notices fixes nothing which could be easy fixes for them. Simple algorithms can eliminate many of the repeated bot posts and disallowing gifs would make things better. No gif posted has ever been a benefit to the message board.
A recent update has also shut down my voting abilities. About 3 weeks ago, I sent a problem report and have heard nothing back. I recommend making use of the stock price update info but stay off the useless message boards.
Hi, we have resolved the issue with the mute function on the conversation board. Thank you for choosing to use Yahoo Finance!
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 180.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.