Yahoo Mail – Free Email App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet the multi-talented Yahoo Mail app. The Mail app you love is now enhanced with personalized news, search, and daily snapshots of the weather, sports scores, stocks, News Digest, popular videos and Flickr photos.
Manage your mail with 1TB of free space. Receive instant alerts when new email arrives. Personalize your inbox with stunning Flickr themes that sync across all your devices.
- Switch between all of your Yahoo email accounts in one place.
- Swipe left or right in your inbox to easily manage emails with quick actions.
- Never miss a message with instant email alerts.
- See stories you care about by tapping on News (for iOS7+).
- Tap on Today to search the web, and check info you need at a glance: today’s weather, sports scores, stocks, News Digest and more (for iOS7+).
- Access all your Folders, Drafts, Sent Mail, and Contacts from the Mail sidebar.
- Swipe left or right in message view to navigate between messages.
- Create new or add to existing contacts by tapping on each email address.
- Bulk-sort your mail by selecting multiple messages at once.
- View messages and news articles magazine-style with the Yahoo Mail app for iPad.
What people are saying
"By learning what you want via Search and offering up News items of your liking, Yahoo’s Mail app is almost the landing page for your iPhone or iPod. Coupled with their Weather app, Yahoo’s iOS offerings are about as good as it gets.” -- Nate Swanner, Slashgear
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS7.
Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss email service.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- Big feature updates for iPad iOS7+ (available to users 17 and up). The Yahoo Mail app for iPad is now enhanced with news, search, and snapshots of the weather, sports scores, stocks, popular videos and Flickr photos. Access the info you need, all in one app.
- Filters: Create, edit and delete mail filters
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Let me count the ways...external links open within the app, if they'll actually display. If you want to search and delete, whatever you delete has to be deleted multiple times in order for it to no longer appear in your search results and amazingly if you permanently delete messages from your trash the continue to appear in your search results. The worst new feature is attempting to scroll down your inbox after having chosen to read a message because you will now constantly end up back at that message while trying to find another one. Apparently Yahoo! did little to no user testing and has just thrown this POS over the wall to further irritate users. The most irritating feature which has been ported from the desktop is the spammy message at the top of my inbox. No thanks, and make this go away along with all the other spam that is no longer filtered out of my inbox. Yahoo is the worst for is the worst for filtering out spam. I'm going to have to start using the evil empire to manage my mail because spam filtering is one of the few things Microsoft does right.
The worst mail app ever developed
Over the years I have grown to loathe yahoo mail and actually all things yahoo. The mail app is virtually useless and if and when you'd like to change a setting in mail, I wish you luck in your search for the truth and light! You'll get stuck in lots of useless directions, all top heavy and time wasters, adding up to an app with no substance and all fluff. The reason gmail works well is that it's simple and easy to navigate. I've unfortunately been with yahoo for years and I've groaned under the thought of telling everyone I know that I have a new email. It's always so much harder than just exporting them to say gmail. But I'm so thoroughly disgusted with yahoo at this point that I'm just biting the bullet and moving over to gmail.
I used to like Yahoo app a lot, yet, ever since the new update I am unable to FWD my emails from my SENT file! This is really frustrating! The app is constantly crashing, the emails stay queued in the outbox and they do not get delivered, horrible Yahoo! customer service because you can never get a hold of a real person you can only read other peoples questions and read the horrible answers that don't even answer your issue. I am rethinking in regards to keeping my account or deleting it, as well as getting rid of this app because it's not working. Yahoo! please do something about it! contact me do something please!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 08, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 44.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2014 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.