Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get more out of your inbox
Manage your mail with 1TB of free space. Receive instant alerts when new email arrives. Personalize your inbox with stunning Flickr themes that sync across all your devices.
- Switch between all of your Yahoo email accounts in one place.
- Never miss a message in your inbox with instant alerts.
- Follow conversations easily with messages grouped by subject line.
- Attach photos or take new ones while composing a message.
- Read messages in full-screen with an iPad-optimized experience.
- Swipe left or right in Message View to navigate between messages.
- Access all your Folders, Drafts, Sent Mail, and Contacts from the sidebar.
- Create new or add to existing contacts by tapping on each email address.
- Swipe over messages to quickly move, star, or mark them.
- Bulk-sort your mail by selecting multiple messages at once.
What people are saying...
“When Yahoo Mail users load up the new look they’re going to be in for a nice treat. The new design is cleaner and crisper, while not totally breaking the fundamentals of how the product works. …Applying a theme really brings it alive." - Matthew Panzarino, TechCrunch
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss mail service.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
- Important bug fixes for iOS 7.1
- Security enhancement: Image blocking now available in settings.
Major problems AFTER Trying to delete app; Now Stuck With It!
CAUTION: If you access Yahoo Mail on a pc AND are using an IOS device, DO NOT Install this app unless you are SURE you are going to want to keep using it!
The app itself isn't horrible. The only real "bug" I found was the theme kept mysteriously "undoing." I liked that it is easier to access folders in this app compared to the std mail app on my iPad.
But after learning some new "tricks" with the std mail app on my iPad, I decided to delete this new YAHOO mail app...and that's when, sadly, I learned that you CAN'T delete it without creating major problems.
After removing the app, I could no longer add new contacts on my pc and then use them in a "to" of a new email. Plus, the contacts no longer synced between my pc and my iPad.
How do I know? I added the app back on my iPad...and everything started working again. Then, I removed it...and the two "issues" surfaced immediately.
Sigh...so here I am for a third time, HAVING to download and use an app I don't want to use!
Very Nice App. Bad Score For Bad Behavior
The iPad version has gotten much better in 2014. I appreciate the ability to create folders within the app. Swipe features work pretty well. It has a few quirks that make me scratch my head; but they don't interfere with the basic functions of use (except one). The "read flags" don't broadcast across all my devices causing the badge counts to be incorrect on the other device(s). Another quirk is when following the link to write this review the dialog box opened a fake AppStore window that had a greyed out "Write a Review" link. And lastly, an annoying quirk that Yahoo definitely didn't put much thought into. Intermittent ads that appear in the top most email position. Oh, look, I got and email, oh $#¡%, I clicked on an ad link! That is a very underhanded method.
Ads are not welcome!
Checking multiple email accounts and managing folders are supported. The new image blocking feature is awesome and conversation mode is implemented well. But...
Ads are not welcome in a mail app!
The swipe feature is not iOS7-friendly. Swiping to the right from the left edge of the screen should bring up the opened folder instead of opening the previous email. Flipping through emails could be done by swiping to left or right from the center of the screen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2013 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.