Yahoo Mail – Free Email App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet the multi-talented Yahoo Mail app. The Mail app you love is now enhanced with personalized news, search, and daily snapshots of the weather, sports scores, stocks, News Digest, popular videos and Flickr photos.
Manage your mail with 1TB of free space. Receive instant alerts when new email arrives. Personalize your inbox with stunning Flickr themes that sync across all your devices.
- Switch between all of your Yahoo email accounts in one place.
- Swipe left or right in your inbox to easily manage emails with quick actions.
- Never miss a message with instant email alerts.
- See stories you care about by tapping on News (for iOS7+).
- Tap on Today to search the web, and check info you need at a glance: today’s weather, sports scores, stocks, News Digest and more (for iOS7+).
- Access all your Folders, Drafts, Sent Mail, and Contacts from the Mail sidebar.
- Swipe left or right in message view to navigate between messages.
- Create new or add to existing contacts by tapping on each email address.
- Bulk-sort your mail by selecting multiple messages at once.
- View messages and news articles magazine-style with the Yahoo Mail app for iPad.
What people are saying
"By learning what you want via Search and offering up News items of your liking, Yahoo’s Mail app is almost the landing page for your iPhone or iPod. Coupled with their Weather app, Yahoo’s iOS offerings are about as good as it gets.” -- Nate Swanner, Slashgear
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: email@example.com
To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS7.
Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss email service.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- Big feature updates for iPad iOS7+ (available to users 17 and up). The Yahoo Mail app for iPad is now enhanced with news, search, and snapshots of the weather, sports scores, stocks, popular videos and Flickr photos. Access the info you need, all in one app.
- Filters: Create, edit and delete mail filters
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
What were they thinking?
I don't know if they just updated this app, but as bad as it ever was, I swear that it just got even worse. I subscribe to Yahoo Mail, which allows me to create disposable email addresses from which I can send/receive messages, and when I try and select the one I want via clicking on the "From" box, the selection I need is at the very top of the list, and it won't allow me to click on it! Again, as clunky and unhelpful as your app ever was, "thanks" for finding one more way of ensuring that I never want to use it again. Fix it!
Awful, abysmal, unfriendly
I have had Yahoo Mail for years, since it was first offered. It was fine for me for many of those years, now I simply hate it. If I didn't have so many accounts going to it, I would switch in a heartbeat to another more workable company. I hate that clicking links in emails no longer go straight to my browser. It often won't accept correct passwords so I have to make a new one that often does not operate more than once. Recently I have had to delete and reinstall the app twice in order to get it to operate.
Could've been a 5
Deleted this and reloaded from the App Store thru USB from my laptop. Yada, yada, yada, now it's working like yahoo planned it to. Would rate it 5, but not for giving me fits with original update, and the hassle of the delete/reload. Hope this helps other people who are having freezes, and super slow functions.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 08, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 44.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2014 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.