Yahoo Sports - your teams, your scores, your news
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Football season is here! And all is right with the world.
Check out everything Yahoo Sports has to offer:
Sign in and set your favorite teams to get schedules, game highlights, and updates in your own personalized news stream.
Stay up to date on all the scores, stats and leagues you follow.
Get exclusive content from writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde along with the most important headlines in sports.
Set alerts for your favorite teams and get notifications when you want them. Follow every scoring play or only when a game starts. Your choice.
• Live games
Watch hundreds of live MLB and NHL games for free. No subscription required.
Included in Yahoo Sports:
- MLB: Watch hundreds of free live MLB games
- NFL: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- College Football, College Basketball, College Women’s Basketball
- NBA, WNBA: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- NHL: Watch hundreds of free live NHL games
- Premier League, League Two, League One, Championship, Scottish Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup,
- Champions League, Europa League, Copa America,
- Ligue 1, Coupe de la Ligue, Coupe de France, Tropee des Champions, Ligue 2,
- Bundesliga, German Super Cup, DFB Pokal,
- MLS, Russian Premier League, Eredivisie, Brazil Serie A,
- Italian Serie A, Coppa Italia, Serie B,
- La Liga, Copa del Rey, Segunda Division, Spanish Super Cup
- Golf - PGA, LPGA, PGA Champions, PGA Web.com, PGA European,
- Auto Racing - NASCAR Sprint, NASCAR Xfinity, IndyCar, Formula 1
- Tennis - Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis
Make Yahoo Sports yours:
1. Sign in with your Yahoo account to get the best experience across all devices
2. Star your favorite teams and leagues to get personalized news and updates about the sports you want
3. Set alerts for your favorite teams so that you get notifications when you want them.
4. Get exclusive content from our writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde.
What's New in Version 6.4
- Watch live NHL games for select games each week
- Improved team roster screen with sorting by any column
- Improved football plays screen
- Several more fixes and improvements
Add a splash page already
Yahoo should stop being lazy and add a splash page to the app. That way we don't have to look at a white screen while this app loads. The iPad app still does not support portrait orientation or split screen which is now a must for sports apps. Additionally, I wish they could add support for share sheets from within an actual article. The performance of the swipe left to go back functionality is not as buttery smooth as it could be from a player profile of an active game; when you swipe halfway it takes a split-second too long to catch up.
Now we're talking!!!
It took a while but the last two updates have brought this app back to top shelf.
The previous update gave us back "dark theme." That was key for those of us that read late into the night. This update gave us the quick scroll feature across all screens and not just Headlines.
All good now! Well done!
Widget doesn't load
A great app overall. Was happy to see the widget updated for iOS 10, but now the widget says Unable to Load all the time now. Have tried re-installing but it still doesn't work. Hoping for a fix!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 6.4
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2016 Yahoo! Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes