Yahoo Sports - your teams, your scores, your news
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the all new Yahoo Sports app. With NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, College Football, Euro 2016, and every major soccer league, Yahoo Sports keeps you in the game with live games and updates so you never miss a play.
Sign in and set your favorite teams to get schedules, game highlights, and updates in your own personalized news stream.
Stay up to date on all the scores, stats and leagues you follow.
Get exclusive content from writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde along with the most important headlines in sports.
Set alerts for your favorite teams and get notifications when you want them. Follow every scoring play or only when a game starts. Your choice.
• Live games
Watch hundreds of live MLB and NHL games for free. No subscription required.
Included in Yahoo Sports:
- MLB: Watch hundreds of free live MLB games
- NFL: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- College Football, College Basketball, College Women’s Basketball
- NBA, WNBA: Scores, highlights, breaking news and stats
- NHL: Watch hundreds of free live NHL games
- Premier League, League Two, League One, Championship, Scottish Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup,
- Champions League, Europa League, Copa America,
- Ligue 1, Coupe de la Ligue, Coupe de France, Tropee des Champions, Ligue 2,
- Bundesliga, German Super Cup, DFB Pokal,
- MLS, Russian Premier League, Eredivisie, Brazil Serie A,
- Italian Serie A, Coppa Italia, Serie B,
- La Liga, Copa del Rey, Segunda Division, Spanish Super Cup
- Golf - PGA, LPGA, PGA Champions, PGA Web.com, PGA European,
- Auto Racing - NASCAR Sprint, NASCAR Xfinity, IndyCar, Formula 1
- Tennis - Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis
Make Yahoo Sports yours:
1. Sign in with your Yahoo account to get the best experience across all devices
2. Star your favorite teams and leagues to get personalized news and updates about the sports you want
3. Set alerts for your favorite teams so that you get notifications when you want them.
4. Get exclusive content from our writers like Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, and Pat Forde.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
Thank you for all the feedback, as we work through the list here are a couple of quick fixes that you guys have raised:
• Our Widget is up and running again
• Fixed a number of crashes
• Resolved a few UI issues with the iPad app
Remember to hit Send Feedback from the sidebar, we are listening!
Used to be great app, but now...
...it might be the worst. This version of the app is almost unusable. If you're only interested in the daily videos of one of your favorite teams, maybe you'll find some value in this app. If you want to know any useful information about standings, stats, current game, etc, good luck finding that information.
Don't get me wrong, it's there, you'll just spend too much time trying to find the information you want.
Want to know the standings for your favorite team in MLB? Be prepared to go on lengthy search. There used to be a "tab" for teams that was designed specifically for that information. No more.
Also, the most basic use of this type of app is to find scores of games for today and yesterday. Finding the scores for today might only take a few taps, but double that for finding yesterday's scores. I guess yesterday isn't important because, well, it was yesterday.
When it comes to scores, stats, standings, and schedules, it doesn't have to be complicated. It just had to be informative. We don't need an app that will show every video of every possible event; we just want game information.
If Yahoo feels compelled to provide an app for sports videos, then please create one. There's nothing wrong with an app for "who cares" video and another app for useful sports information.
… particularly if you're interested in the major teams of the major sports.
If you're interested in a lesser sport, it's at least good for tracking results. It does support a pretty good range of sports, although coverage falls off dramatically as you go from U.S. to Europe, and again as you go from Europe to that other place — whatsit called? Oh, yeah — the rest of the world.
Coverage for Oh Canada is zero, except for the U.S. leagues with Can teams.
The geographical pick tracking has needed significant work for a year or two.
The app lets Y! users comment on articles, but be careful about making the wrong move while writing your comment, or else the app will vaporize the comment before you even submit it.
Y! continues to improve the app and add coverage and features; maybe that's why it periodically comes up with some really goofy issues, like throwing horse racing articles in with NASCAR coverage, enhancing FIFA coverage with track & field reports, and randomly mis-categorizing swaths of articles, for example, flagging a piece about the Padres under the Orioles, etc.
Net: A pretty good app that does get better every year, and you can't complain about the price.
The Best Sports App
Love the app. Nicer looking and updates faster than the ESPN app. It doesn't have all of the intruding ads that ruin the experience on the ESPN app. It is easy to navigate and has a ton of information. If you are looking for the best sports app by a mile, this is it.
Updated review 7/8/16: I will keep this simple. The best sports app, by far, was just ruined by the newest update. Now it reminds me of the ESPN app, which is also a convoluted mess. It was so clean and easy to navigate before the update. I miss the dark background and how easy it was to see only the sports scores that I am interested in.
And why is there a soccer story at the top of my Favorites page?!? The favorites page should only have stories about my Favorites. Have your headline story on the Headlines page, not the Favorites page. At the very least - bring back the dark theme.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 07, 2016
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 59.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2016 Yahoo! Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes