Yahoo Mail - Free Email and News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With an all-new look and powerful features like: lightning-fast search, multiple mailbox support and effortless attachments, the Yahoo Mail app is the best way to access your mail on phone or tablet.
Powerful new features:
- Delete or move multiple messages easily - just tap and hold any message to select.
- Add AOL, Outlook or multiple Yahoo mailboxes and easily switch between them.
- Attach multiple photos and videos, all at once.
- Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos, faster than ever.
- Use Smart Views to sort your emails by categories.
- Press down on the compose button to quickly compose a message to yourself.
- Stay in the know with news from Yahoo and the Yahoo Magazines.
- Enable Account Key for password-free sign in.
- Never have to delete an email with 1000GB of free space.
- To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS9.
- Optimized for use with VoiceOver. 9
- Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss email service.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Select all messages in a specific folder on your device – just tap on the select all icon when moving or deleting multiple messages.
- For users with send-only or disposable email addresses, change the “from” address when composing a new message.
- Performance enhancements.
New version still needs work
I'm glad this update lets you choose which email address to send from. I only use my alternate email address to send messages. People were getting confused when I would respond with a different email address. I kept getting multiple responses because everyone would add both email addresses since they weren't sure which one to use. But now, it seems that whenever I open the app, it automatically marks all new emails as read - even though I haven't opened them all. (I've only noticed this on my iPad. iPhone seems to be OK.) It's very confusing to figure out which emails I actually have read and which ones I still need to read. If this is not fixed soon, I will begin sending all of my Yahoo emails to my Apple email app. Also, I would like to mark which emails to delete and delete them all at once - not have to do them individually.
Still a Downgrade
They hardly fixed any interface design misses in the update.
You can now select second accounts from a drop down in each mail instead of the old default / no-worry user setting. Where's the rest? How is this better? Where's contact editing? The UI was much better pleasing before this major redesign. Seriously thinking of changing from my 12 year old yahoo accounts to gmail or something if those apps can meet my needs. This stuff from yahoo is trash.
Last review: Even if I liked staring at a white lightbulb to check my email, the new user interface over simplifies. Never mind that I cannot send emails from my secondary email addresses anymore. Usually, engineers know better than make useful features disappear for a software update. Try for more evolutionary and adding real improvements next time, less messing it up. The current ratings alone prove you didn't test it or don't know your customers.
Very nice upgrade
Yahoo! email was my first first free account after AOL and of course my work email. I nearly ditched it years ago because of a truly poor interface. However, so many friends and colleagues had the account name (which as an early adopter is simple) I keep it to look at stray messages that came in. There was a quantum change after the most recent CEO took over and the program gradually improved. The most recent upgrade is a great improvement. The interface is visually appealing and intuitive. Moving and storing emails as well as searches straightforward. Unlike gmail, one can reach the contacts list from tablet and smartphone app interfaces. Yahoo! mail is great even for pretty sophisticated users.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 70.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.