Yahoo Mail - Keeps You Organized!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With its beautiful design, easy-to-use interface, and lightning fast speed, the Yahoo Mail app makes reading, organizing, and sending emails across your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) easier than ever. Yahoo Mail offers 1000GB of free cloud storage, so you never have to delete a message again.
With the Yahoo Mail app you can:
- SEND MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS - Easily add photos, videos, and documents to an email, all at once.
- QUICKLY SEARCH - Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos, faster than ever.
- SWITCH BETWEEN ACCOUNTS - Add your Gmail, Outlook, or second Yahoo account right in the app.
- NEVER LOSE AN EMAIL - Keep all of your emails with 1000GB of free cloud space.
- QUICKLY DELETE MULTIPLE EMAILS – Press and hold an email to select and delete multiple messages.
- CHOOSE A THEME - Select different backgrounds and text colors for your Yahoo inbox.
- DITCH PASSWORDS - Enable Account Key for secure password-free sign in.
- SAY IT WITH A GIF - Can’t find the right words? Send an animated GIF.
- SEND STATIONERY - Send emails with artist-designed stationery from Paperless Post.
- CONNECT GOOGLE DRIVE AND DROPBOX - Easily access and send photos and documents you’ve stored in the cloud.
- BE IN THE KNOW - Get news from Yahoo and the Yahoo Magazines right in the app.
- To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS10.
- Optimized for use with VoiceOver.
- Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss email service.
What's New in Version 4.14.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great app one small flaw
I like this app I have no problems with its functionality. Perhaps others should update it if having functional issues.
One thing that would make it perfect in my opinion (thus deserving of 5 stars) is if one had the ability to change the sound that is used for notifications of new mail received.
I tried doing so in both phone settings and in app settings to no avail.
One of the main reasons I switched to this app instead of using the Mail app in iOS was because for the last month or so (maybe longer) the iOS Mail app was not receiving pushed mail from Yahoo.
It was before because I paid for that ability from Yahoo (paid so that POP mail would be supported).
I guess Yahoo decided to stop that service or make it slow or whatever maybe to push (no pun intended) their own Mail app. It's fine. I'm not too disappointed. (I will be stopping payments for that though)
Anyway, like I wrote, the main reason I got the app was so I could get mail as it's pushed to the server and now that's happening again. But the sound is too much like other notifications (like Tweet notifications and calendar reminders) so I can't tell by sound alone what just occurred on my phone. The sound is too much like other notifications in other words.
So if we could change that notification sound that would be awesome. It would make the app perfect, IMO. I already submitted this as feedback in the app but I thought I'd write a review about it as well.
Why did you change the order of e-mails after deletion???
For some reason they switched the order of viewing for your e-mails. I like to view my oldest unread e-mail message first and work my way up. It used to be that the next newest e-mail would appear after you deleted the e-mail that you were looking at. Now it sends you to the older e-mail instead of the newer e-mail making you swipe right to go to your next e-mail. This is counterintuitive and annoying! I will go back to using the E-mail app built in to iOS until this problem is fixed. Sorry Yahoo…
The resolution of text and images is deformed and hard to read usually. You're still better off using the built in E-Mail app on the bottom of the home screen, but this Yahoo Mail app is improving continuously. Maybe Yahoo will improve the tiny display format that usually makes it hard to read your e-mails in the next update. I know they can do better.
Spam Filter Does Not Work
Ever since Yahoo announced their security breaches I have been bombarded with spam emails every day (about 20 or so emails a day). I label all as spam, I don't even open them and yet every day the same ones come in- this has been going non stop for a few months now and despite multiple emails to Yahoo support nothing has improved. Now I'm being forced into looking at shutting down the email account as it is infuriating to see the spam come in every day (however, not easy considering it's my primary email account). My spam in my google email never come in more than 2-3 times before the spam filter captures it. Yahoo services have just turned awful as of late.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 4.14.1
- Size: 231 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2016 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.