The best email app to easily organize your Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), AOL and Yahoo accounts. Regardless of your email address, you can experience the Yahoo Mail app's beautiful design, easy-to-use interface and lightning fast speed. Plus, Yahoo Mail offers 1000 GB of free cloud storage, so you never have to worry about space again.
● SIGN UP WITH ANY ACCOUNT - Works with non-Yahoo email addresses, including Gmail, Outlook and AOL. No Yahoo email address required.
● SAVE MONEY - Clip coupons from retailers for later use in new Coupons Smart View. Get notified when coupons are about to expire.
● TRAVEL READY - See flight details and check-in with new Travel Smart View. Get notified of all gate changes, delays and cancellations.
● CUSTOMIZE YOUR SWIPES - Choose different actions like delete, archive, move and more when you swipe left or right on a message.
● GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM PEOPLE ONLY - Get notified only when you receive a new email from a person, not companies or newsletters.
● CALLER ID - Not sure who is calling you? Yahoo Mail can automatically display mail contacts for incoming callers.
● QUICKLY SEARCH - Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos, faster than ever.
● GET CREATIVE - Make sure your emails stand out with animated photos and artist-designed stationery from Paperless Post.
● SEND MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS - Easily add photos, videos, and documents to an email, all at once.
● NEVER LOSE AN EMAIL - Keep all of your emails with 1000 GB of free cloud space.
● CHOOSE A THEME - Select different backgrounds and text colors for your Yahoo inbox.
● DITCH PASSWORDS - Enable Account Key for secure, password-free sign in.
● CONNECT GOOGLE DRIVE AND DROPBOX - Easily access and send photos and documents you’ve stored in the cloud.
GET YAHOO MAIL PRO on mobile - Get ad-free mail on Yahoo Mail for iOS and priority customer support.
● Available as an in-app purchase at $0.99/month or $9.99/year, charged to your iTunes account
● Subscription will auto-renew each month or year within 24 hours of your renewal date
● Manage or cancel your subscription via Account Settings
● To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS11 or later.
● Optimized for use with VoiceOver.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: Thanks for the response. What you described works so I am giving back stars, as well as a star for such a quick response. I also played around and discovered how to delete all emails from a single sender, without having to select each email. This will hopefully help me clear out my inbox which is huge. Thanks!
Latest update made app pointless. I have thousands of spam emails that are not going to a spam folder and thousands of retailer emails that I don't necessarily want to read. Efficiently deleting these emails by being able to mark them on the home screen and deleting several at once was the one feature that made this app better than the already-installed mail app on my iPhone. Also being able to select one sender and manage all emails from that sender at once, including reading the history collectively and being able to delete emails, was the best and most useful feature of this app. The most recent update got rid of that for some reason. Now I have to individually swipe each email to delete it, or open it. And there is no way to pull up all emails from one sender in order to delete them all. Also, there are ads at the top and bubbles with pictures and stars and it looks really cluttered. If the mark/delete option and sender grouping features aren't added back, there is no reason to not just use the other app already on the phone. Please fix this and add these features back.
Hi there, yes, you cannot delete by sender, but there are other ways to delete besides swiping and opening them. You can tap on the avatars or if you long press on any email message in your inbox, checkboxes will appear on the left-hand side. To delete all or "select all" just tap on the button at the top, left-hand corner. **Thanks for the update and for giving us an extra star! If you see anything else, please feel free to update, we do read these reviews and take them very seriously. Thanks again!
Opened my account 20 years ago this month. I'm still loving Yahoo.
Yep, when I bought my first HP tower PC from Sam's Club in 1996 for $1,200 I signed up for Yahoo. Even though it was all about AOL then I liked the idea that I could keep my yahoo email no matter who my Internet provider was or how often I changed. I've never had sent that dreaded email telling everyone to please update my contact information to reflect my new email account. I never went had to go through the agonizing task of contacting every credit card, Doctor's office or service company to change my email address. I never once missed getting a statement and inadvertently missed a bill due date. I've also not lost touch with family or friend because they had no way to reach me. Yahoo was the best in 1996 and it is still the best today. They have grown with the industry, added features and expanded their content to appeal to their ever changing customer base. I'm glad I made the right choice then to join Yahoo and I'm thankful Yahoo has made the last 20 years so exciting and evolved to met our needs. I hope to write another more in depth review of praise and adoration in 2027, 2037 and beyond if I'm still here, I have no doubt Yahoo will continue to flourish, grow and provide us with news, more tools and access to the fastest araė the latest technology. Keep doing what you've dobro
Thank you for sending me an opportunity to review Yahoo! Mail. This has been a subject of many discussions lately. I am a very positive and up beat person and always look on the bright side of things. But Yahoo! Mail has gone beyond ridiculous. There is no reason under the SUN that we should be receiving the amount of mail that we are getting. We have no idea how all of these companies have gotten our email address and why they are sending them to us. It has only been recently that the amount of our
mail has tripled at least if not more. If someone could please contact me and let me know how to remedy this problem without having to spend more money. It certainly seems like we started receiving all of this extra mail conveniently right before you offered us an added fee to help screen our incoming emails. I certainly hope that your company does not think that we are stupid enough to think that this was just a coincidence. Could you also advise me on how to unsubscribe a company that requests my name, email address and my phone number before they will let me unsubscribe. It appears to be a little odd that they would need that information being they already have my email address. Just because I am a Senior Citizen they should not automatically assume that I cannot see red flags
going up when I am asked to give personal information when it is not necessary. If some one could please contact me and help me remedy this situation. Sincerely a very unhappy customer.
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. If you choose to upgrade to Yahoo Mail Pro, this just gives you an ad-free experience. As in, it takes away the Sponsor Ad at the top. Paying extra doesn't do anything with spam, so no tricks here. If you're having issues with spam, this is not OK and we'd like to investigate your account. Please email us at email@example.com. Thanks!
Yahoo Mail Pro (Monthly)
Go ad-free & get priority customer support
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 171.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Yahoo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Yearly) $9.99
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Monthly) $0.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.