Yahoo - News, Finance, Business, Sports & More
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track developing stories & stay informed with the app millions of people rely on.
Stay in the know with breaking headline news, the latest entertainment stories, exclusive lifestyle features and your local news wherever you go. Follow the top stories that you care about and explore passionate reactions from people across the world.
- Get all the stories that matter all in one place, including top news, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, finance, business, politics and more
- See top reactions from the Yahoo community for stories in your stream
- New: ‘You may also like’ module immediately brings related articles to your stream
- Stay up to date on developing stories across the globe by following storylines
- Personalize your feed with ease to get all the news and stories you want
- Stay up to date with breaking news notifications
- Easily share stories, videos and photos
- Check out local news so you’re always in the know
- Enjoy a clean, beautiful design with images and videos that help tell the story
- Tap ‘Follow’ in the stream to stay informed about developing stories
- View all storylines by opening the left tray and clicking ‘View All’ under the storylines section
-Tap on someone’s reaction in the stream to read more and join the conversation
- Don’t forget to check out more articles in the ‘You may like’ module
- Sign in to manage and save your news preferences
- Select the stories you want to see more or less of at the bottom of each article
- Swipe left or right to navigate between stories in full-screen view
- Save stories to read later (simply swiping to My Saves)
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: http://feedback.yahoo.com/forums/202744
What's New in Version 6.6.4
-Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Still Use, But Seeking Alternatives
I have loved Yahoo! for years, and have considered it a "go to" news source. As such, it frustrates me that I have anything but a stellar review. However, in my observation, something has changed within the past year that has caused Yahoo! to be less user-friendly, and has resulted in me seeking a new alternative. Here are several example:
First, most of the news articles under the "News" category are connected to/originally posted by the LATimes, and when I click on the article to attempt to read it I am diverted to a page to purchase a monthly subscription for LA Times-without this monthly subscription I am unable to view those articles. Secondly, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a picture/pictures for an article that is completely unrelated to the person/people/content in the article-that's just sloppy in my opinion. Thirdly, in general, I have noticed that many of the articles written on Yahoo! are stemming from a person or URL in the United Kingdom (UK)-I wonder if this is to avoid using material that will cost viewers money (as I mentioned previously with the LA Times articles)-but come on! I'm SURE Yahoo! can find more writers in the United States to report on issues happening in the United States (hell, I'll even do it). For the aforementioned (and other) reasons, I feel that Yahoo! is appearing less and less professional and less user-friendly. 3 stars.
Yahoo has been my go-to for years!
My very first email was with yahoo. It's still my main email now after 16 years. It has all of the options I need. It is easy to maneuver. I love yahoo's news articles. The search engine is fantastic as well! It's the first thing I fire up when I get to my nursing clinic job. I have to search doctors and institutions all over the country. It's a snap finding what I need. Thanks yahoo for your years of dedication!!!!
A MUST EVERY MORNING
Every morning after checking my emails I flip to Yahoo's news page. For years, and I mean a lot of years, I subscribed to the LA Times but never had time to read them. They just enriched my recycle bin.
Yahoo not only covers national and international news but small human interest stories.
I will read other news pages too, but Yahoo is always first up.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 16, 2016
- Version: 6.6.4
- Size: 137 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.