Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
- Get personalized live scores and information on your favorite teams and players with the Yahoo Sports widget for OS X.
- Follow all the game action from NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA (Football and Basketball), and the top international soccer leagues, including coverage of the Barclays Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundeslia, Champions League and more.
- Download the Yahoo Sports widget to see scores and game times right in Notification Center on OS X and be one click away from Yahoo's in-depth sports coverage.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- UI enhancements
- Game information available for up to 2 weeks from the current date
- Widget help is now available
- Users can follow various leagues from the widget menu
Not an “app” at all
Soooo dissappointed in this. I’ve used Sportacular on my iPhone for several years now and love it. It has everything I want - sports scores, picks tracker, and sortof incorporated/similar fantasy app. I thought I was going to download this and just log in to my account and have everything from my mobile app already set and ready to go. This thing is just stupid tho. Worthless. It’s not even really an app at all. It’s just a little notifications sidebar thing and doesn’t bring over any of the great features of the mobile app. Why?? This should be a full blown on laptop/desktop app with no excuse to not have at least the same features as the mobile version. When I’m sitting in the living room/at a friends/at the bar/etc, I don’t want to look at the sidebar for scores and fantasy info, I want a full windows where I can view lots of data. I’m going looking for something else now and immediately removing this.
Doesn’t work at all!
Downloaded the app after reading the article about how to stream the NFL playoffs through the app. Thought I’d give it a try. Once the app opens, it directs you how to add the widget to the sidebar and has no other “app” functions. Once you add the widget to the sidebar, the widget has a search function to add teams. However, the search was not working at all. I was unable to add any teams and there were none set by default or ongoing games. Thus I was unable to use the app for the intended use the article pulished by Yahoo on Yahoo for Yahoo Sports. Which all makes sense as to why they are going bankrupt and falling apart as Google battles Apple and China for world domination. In the end, the mobile app did work, but why would you advertise or even devlop a computer app if it has absolutely 0 functions other than probably mining data to sell.
Trending is pointless
It’s bad enough that it shows scores from teams (and even entire sports!) that I’m not interested in. Right now, even though two of my “favorite” teams are playing, their scores are not visible unless I expand to the full list. It’s idiotic to put my actual, configured choices below the fold in favor of “trending” ones. I don’t even understand the point of trending, unless those teams are paying Yahoo to display them.
Currently trying out the “Sports Feed” app - it also lives in the notifications bar and seems to work just as well (plus, clicking on a score takes you to a web page with a box score).