The news is our story. See live stories develop in politics, sports, business, and entertainment with breaking news alerts. Our made-for-mobile daily video series and trending topics help you stay on top of the day’s headlines. And since our app learns your interests based off the topics and issues you follow, you get the stories you care about most. Because what happens on the news happens to us all. Get the moments that matter on Newsroom.
- Broaden your perspective with news from the top publishers on the web - Yahoo, ABC News, NBC News, HuffPost, Wall Street Journal, NPR, Bloomberg, Buzzfeed, and CNN, among others.
- Watch our new video series that cover the day’s headlines to make staying informed more fun than ever
- Choose from hundreds of topics to get a personalized news feed full of the news you're interested in across US and World News; get new trends in finance, health, business, sports, entertainment, lifestyle and much more.
- Check out the Trending tab to keep up-to-date on the most shared stories on the web.
- Get personalized alerts to help you stay on top of the news and conversations that are relevant to you so you don't miss out.
- Tap "Explore" to find the topics that align with your passions and interests. The more vibes you follow, the more tailored the app will become to your interests.
- Browse your Newsroom to read all the news that's important to you and debate and discuss with a passionate community.
- Don't forget to sign in using your Yahoo account to get the stories and conversations tailored to your interests.
News, Politics, Sports, Finance, Health and much more!
- Follow the latest US and World news, including the latest on the Trump presidency and all the news from Washington.
- Go beyond the episodes on your favorite television shows, know what to see with the latest movies coverage and get the inside scoop on celebrity gossip.
- Get the latest scores and news across the NFL, College Football, MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS, and more, from our award winning journalists.
Have feedback to make our app even better? Visit our forum at http://yhoo.it/2dbVXOk
The Newsroom app is the best way to stay up to date on news that matters to you and the conversation it starts. We update it on a regular basis to make sure you're always up to speed.
In this release, we made bug fixes and performance improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
Most biased news provider in the world
I quoted the presidents word, the exact word that was in the title of the article S hole* and my comment got deleted. I enjoy reading an article and then commenting on it. That’s what I do. I believe Yahoo! Knows that is what a lot of their readers do. So I think they delete any popular comment that doesn’t match their agenda. It’s wrong to do, this is America and they shouldn’t silence people’s opinions. Sure I understand deleting vulgar comments, racist comments, etc. but to delete a comment just because it’s getting a lot of likes and it doesn’t match the agenda of the article!
Do yourself a favor and find a different news provider. Not to mention, half of the time when I’m commenting on a news article I’ll get my whole comment typed and then I submit it and it suddenly disappears. Another glitch. This app is notorious for it. If you copy something to your clipboard and then paste it into the comment section, it won’t let you post your comment. It’s just a messed up app. Don’t waste your time.
SNAFU of the highest order
The App would be alright if it wasn’t for the constant issues and glitches. They’ve really mucked it up royally with the latest update. The picture book format is for the birds (or little kids). Comments and/or replies won’t post at random. Comments history shows your posts under the wrong article, so you can’t link right back to the corresponding article, you’ll open something entirely different instead, comments and replies cannot be deleted often times, they keep showing up in your comment history on and off for all eternity it seems, I am absolutely fed up with the regular: Oops, something went wrong. Try again later! Censorship is at an all time worst. Perfectly good words and phrases will prevent a comment from being posted because YAHOO has some unfathomable issue with it, etc. etc. At this point the app seems to be in desperate need of a total rework. Going to use Apple News for a while. I JUST DELETED THE APP. ENOUGH WITH THIS NONSENSE!
Just the news, please.
I used to enjoy getting news alerts on my phone letting me know any headline stories that may be happening at the moment, but every time I feel my phone buzz now with a news story, it’s another heavily slanted story slamming the president for every little thing he does. It’s obvious what your company’s political views are, and most of the stories I read are poorly written containing a disorganized format as if the writer is writing from pure emotion and anger to the point they can’t even think clearly, Let alone report the news. If this continues I’m probably going to have to remove the app from my phone and find a more unbiased news app that actually reports news stories. I have enough stress in my life without having a bunch of whiny, poorly written opinion stories popping up constantly on my phone. I used to enjoy using this app, and it’s a shame you’ve allowed your editors to turn your company into a far left propaganda machine.
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 121.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 Yahoo Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.