Yahoo - News, Finance, Business, Sports & More
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track developing stories & stay informed with the app millions of people rely on.
Stay in the know with breaking headline news, the latest entertainment stories, exclusive lifestyle features and your local news wherever you go. Follow the top stories that you care about and explore passionate reactions from people across the world.
- Get all the stories that matter all in one place, including top news, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, finance, business, politics and more
- See top reactions from the Yahoo community for stories in your stream
- New: ‘You may also like’ module immediately brings related articles to your stream
- Stay up to date on developing stories across the globe by following storylines
- Personalize your feed with ease to get all the news and stories you want
- Stay up to date with breaking news notifications
- Easily share stories, videos and photos
- Check out local news so you’re always in the know
- Enjoy a clean, beautiful design with images and videos that help tell the story
- Tap ‘Follow’ in the stream to stay informed about developing stories
- View all storylines by opening the left tray and clicking ‘View All’ under the storylines section
-Tap on someone’s reaction in the stream to read more and join the conversation
- Don’t forget to check out more articles in the ‘You may like’ module
- Sign in to manage and save your news preferences
- Select the stories you want to see more or less of at the bottom of each article
- Swipe left or right to navigate between stories in full-screen view
- Save stories to read later (simply swiping to My Saves)
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: http://feedback.yahoo.com/forums/202744
What's New in Version 6.5.2
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Fixes crash.
When you stop letting consumers decide, you lose those customers
Strange system to leave feedback: you can either post feedback or upvote someone else's. You can't do both. So if you have more than one issue, too bad.
If, for example, you wanted to mention that you don't enjoy having to keep readjusting the news categories you don't enjoy, too bad.
If you want to mention that when you try to tailor your news feed with topics you no longer want to see, and it just says "Great", without letting you specifically state why you do or don't want to see it, too bad.
If you don't want to see the most recent comments made about an article before you even click it, too bad.
(It wouldn't be so bad if these comments weren't usually in all caps, and yelling about how the article clearly shows how their political side is correct & the other side is going to ruin everything)
If you want your articles to be in chronological order, too bad.
If you don't want the same topic covered by 30 different articles even though you liked the subject once, too bad.
Since this is now the only way to let Yahoo know about any feedback I have, here it is. They have lost a consumer by not allowing them to have a say in their own news feed.
The first thing I do every morning is grab a cup of coffee and read Yahoo news. I like it because it's a good mixture of hard news and entertaining human interest stories. Then I'll look at Huffington Post and CNN news to check out the more in-depth stories that might not be covered by Yahoo. But I have to say that Yahoo! News covers the top stories that I really want to read in a very concise and professional way. Well done!
Love the Health and Travel section
I am giving it 5 stars because I've been perusing it for so long if I didn't like it I guess I could've found something different by now. I love the health and travel sections. Love the business section too but in that area the CNN money app does a little better. All in all please continue to push quality content!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 26, 2016
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 64.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.