Yale Gassing Greener helps anesthesia providers build environmentally conscious practices. Developed by Yale University’s Department of Anesthesiology, the app features two calculators that provide reports on carbon emissions based on clinician and facility use of inhaled anesthetics. The clinician calculator allows anesthesia providers to enter amounts and flow rates of inhaled anesthetics in a case and obtain their carbon emission equivalents. A facility calculator allows perioperative personnel to enter amounts of purchased inhaled anesthetics and receive a comprehensive emailed report of their facility’s carbon emissions. By informing practitioners about the global warming impact of their anesthetic choices, Yale Gassing Greener hopes to encourage environmental awareness in clinical practice.
1. Updated references and acknowledgements
2. Removed pre and post surveys
3. Enhanced education modules
- Yale University
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Yale University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.