Yan Can Cook Recipes
By Yan Can Cook
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
‘Yan Can Cook, So Can You!’ These six words define me, particularly ‘So Can You’.
‘You can’ because in addition to television and the Internet, I am now on your phone. No need to open one of my cookbooks or rewind one of the shows, your favorite recipes, ingredient glossary, and techniques are here at your fingertip. To make it even more fun, I’ve included many instructional videos and pictures.
Here you will find step-by-step cooking videos and my traveling videos where I got to meet some of the warmest and most talented chefs around the world, sharing their secrets. In addition to a series of free recipes and videos, specially assembled recipe collections are available through In-App Purchases. These will include unique limited-edition recipes and cooking videos available only through my Yan Can Cook Recipes app.
>> ENJOY THESE FREE AND UNIQUE FEATURES:
• Your favorite pan-Asian recipes at your fingertip.
• Step-by-step visual instructions for each recipe, in high quality video.
• Insightful glossary that highlights exotic ingredients, with a helpful photo guide.
• Space to add your own notes, tips and substitutions for each recipe.
• Search for recipes by ingredient or by name.
• A customized Shopping List with all key ingredients for a particular recipe. There’s space to add other ingredient choices or shopping items. The list is accessible even without a network connection.
• Explore the world of food through my many travel videos. See the world without putting down your phone.
• Share your favorite recipes with friends and family with a click of a button
• Browse regularly updated seasonal collections, including:
- Small Bites & First Courses
- Meat & Poultry
- Rice, Noodles & Soup
- Desserts & Beverages
>> HOW CAN YOU GET EVEN MORE OF MY BEST RECIPES?
• Buy specially packaged collections of recipes through In-App Purchases. For example: Love Pho and want to cook more of your favorite Vietnamese cuisines? Get access to my massive collection of recipes from the Taste of Vietnam series through one simple In-App Purchase within the Yan Can Cook Recipes app.
Download my FREE Yan Can Cook Recipes app today to begin experiencing a whole new way of cooking and enjoying pan-Asian recipes. Yes you can!
Not good for cooks
I've been a long-time fan of Yan Can Cook and as hoping this would work for me. Unfortunately, the app isn't laid out with cooks in mind. We want to see the ingredients and steps all in one easy to read page (see RecipeBook app). This has separated pages for ingredients and cooking steps and requires you to scroll down to see all the steps.
Not ready for prime time
Whoever designed this app apparently took for granted that the average user would always have a fast, unlimited bandwidth connection available - one with no other users logged in.
The streaming just doesn't work reliably on
on a consistent basis. If you have the average household with several Web users connected simultaneously, this app won't deliver much in the way of satisfying video. Too bad, because Martin Yan is IMHO an entertaining personality and a first-rate Asian chef.
The app interface is a bit inconsistent as well, mixing lower resolution and Retina-quality stills. Too much of the textual info requires scrolling, when it should fit on the first screen.
I wouldn't spend the $ to see the Vietnamese videos: the e-book - if it doesn't rely on streaming - might be a better choice.
Video bandwidth problems
Nice recipes, but I could not view the videos.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Released: Nov 26, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yan Can Cook, Inc.
- © 2014 Yan Can Cook, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- the complete set of recipes and videos$6.99