Free translator that can work offline and translate text from photos
• Translate between any pair of the 90 languages when you’re online.
• Translate from French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and other languages to English while offline: download these languages for free and enable the offline mode in Settings.
• Speak words or phrases in Russian, English, or Turkish to translate them into any of these languages, or have the app read the translations to you.
• Learn new words and their meanings through usage examples in the app’s dictionary (available for most of the currently supported languages).
• Take a picture of a menu, road sign, book page or choose a photo with text from your Camera Roll to view its translation right over the image (only available when you are online).
• Translate entire sites directly in the app or in Safari.
• Read books, news, or articles in a foreign language together with Yandex.Translate on your iPad using Split View.
• Read transliterated Arabic, Armenian, Farsi, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese Pinyin.
• Enjoy the app’s time-saving predictive typing function and automated language detection.
• Save translations in Favorites and view your translation history at any time.
• Speak to your Apple Watch to see your words translated on its screen.
Currently supported languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bashkir, Belarussian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Bosnian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Elvish (Sindarin), English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hill Mari, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kyrgyz, Latin, Latvian, Lao, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mari, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Papiamento, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Scots, Singhalese, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Udmurt, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish.
Now you can log into the app via social media profiles as well as with your Yandex account. The annoying bug in the word study mode that kept showing the same words over and over again is gone now. And collection cards show how many subscribers they have, so you can choose the most popular (or the most unusual) collections of words and phrases.
Ratings and Reviews
The best translator for Russian by far
Yandex offers more information for translations than Google Translate, and the translations feel like they are more accurate. As a polyglot I use both yandex translate and google for different languages, but when it comes to Russian yandex is the most reliable, both for the literal entries and the sound clips. The UI is ergonomic, allowing you to quickly clear the screen and enter another word for translation or swipe to previous queries. If you’re a student of Russian, Yandex is a must.
Please send a screenshot with a popup to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best English/Russian translator available.
Google translate is very good too, but in my opinion Yandex translator has a slight edge. I enjoyed the fact that they maintained compatibility with my first model iPad long after Apple and Google dropped support. Super product Yandex development team!
Perfect work guys
Absolutely the best translator I have ever used!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.