Free translator that can work offline and translate text from photos
• Translate between any pair of the 90 languages when you’re online.
• Translate from French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and other languages to English while offline: download these languages for free and enable the offline mode in Settings.
• Speak words or phrases in Russian, English, or Turkish to translate them into any of these languages, or have the app read the translations to you.
• Learn new words and their meanings through usage examples in the app’s dictionary (available for most of the currently supported languages).
• Take a picture of a menu, road sign, book page or choose a photo with text from your Camera Roll to view its translation right over the image (only available when you are online).
• Translate entire sites directly in the app or in Safari.
• Read books, news, or articles in a foreign language together with Yandex.Translate on your iPad using Split View.
• Read transliterated Arabic, Armenian, Farsi, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese Pinyin.
• Enjoy the app’s time-saving predictive typing function and automated language detection.
• Save translations in Favorites and view your translation history at any time.
• Speak to your Apple Watch to see your words translated on its screen.
Currently supported languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bashkir, Belarussian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Bosnian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Elvish (Sindarin), English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hill Mari, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kyrgyz, Latin, Latvian, Lao, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mari, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Papiamento, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Scots, Singhalese, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Udmurt, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish.
You probably know that Yandex.Translate can be used for translating text in photos. Well, now you can do it offline, at least with popular language pairs.
You can also translate Arabic text in images, and get a new set of offline dictionaries, like Czech-Russian, Japanese-English, and English-Finnish.
Also, the previous version had an issue that caused the sound to occasionally come from the speakers instead of the headphones — that’s fixed now.
Ratings and Reviews
The best translator for Russian by far
Yandex offers more information for translations than Google Translate, and the translations feel like they are more accurate. As a polyglot I use both yandex translate and google for different languages, but when it comes to Russian yandex is the most reliable, both for the literal entries and the sound clips. The UI is ergonomic, allowing you to quickly clear the screen and enter another word for translation or swipe to previous queries. If you’re a student of Russian, Yandex is a must.
Developer Response ,
Please send a screenshot with a popup to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best English/Russian translator available.
Google translate is very good too, but in my opinion Yandex translator has a slight edge. I enjoyed the fact that they maintained compatibility with my first model iPad long after Apple and Google dropped support. Super product Yandex development team!
Perfect work guys
Absolutely the best translator I have ever used!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.