By Barak Edry
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Yaniv is probably the best card game you've never heard of!
It offers quick and challenging fun with uniquely addictive gameplay.
It's very easy to learn, and has a great balance of strategy and luck.
Optimized for single hand use, Yaniv is perfect for quick sessions.
Enjoy online matchmaking matches and climb the leaderboards!
HOW TO PLAY
- Reduce your hand’s value at all costs.
- Outsmart your opponents with wits, intuition and pre-planned strategies, .
- Discarding sets of equal ranking cards and sets of consecutive cards of the same suit to effectively lower your hand value.
- When you think you have the lowest hand, call “YANIV!”
- All players reveal their cards
- If your hand's value is the lowest, you win the round and your opponents get their hand value in points (points are bad).
- Be careful, if you call “YANIV” and an opponent has a lower hand you lose and get 30 penalty points on top of your hand value!
- An easy to follow, Step-by-Step tutorial introduces new players to the game.
- Play offline against smart and challenging computer opponents
- Play online with thousands of players around the world.
- Invite your friends and challenge up to 3 players at once.
- Chat with friends and connect with leaderboard support for online matches.
- Earn 40 fun and exciting achievements.
- Today and All-Time leaderboards.
- Access player profiles by tapping on a player's name in an online match.
- Additional difficulty levels, game statistics, and modes are available.
- 3 Difficulty levels (Pro difficulty for Pro users only) & fully customizable game settings.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Yaniv is back with the biggest and most stable update in its history!
Yaniv 2.0 is a huge update:
- Completely new multiplayer architecture, many improvements under the hood
- Huge improvements to performance and stability of multiplayer games
- Matchmaking is much quicker
- It is now much easier to find and invite friends for a match (with online/offline indication)
- Voting system allows player to play online matches with your favorite game rules
- Match score now indicates how close you are to elimination.
- New "Today" leaderboard.
- Many UI enhancements to fit iOS7 style
- Redesigned Play menu
- Single player Pro bots are more challenging
- Beautiful new Water theme (Pro only)
- Redesigned Statistics screen with new Friends Match statistics (Pro only)
- Redesigned Leaderboards screen
- Redesigned Achievements screen
- Redesigned Settings screen
- Many bug fixes.
- iOS7 Crash fix
- Other Bug fixes
Amazing game... But please please read!
I wanted to first address some negative reviews before writing my own... They are garbage. I have been playing this game for a long long time and it has always kept me coming back for more. It seems like if any little detail doesn't suit to someone's specific needs, they automatically rate it a few stars lower or just give it 1 star. They don't realize how hurtful it is to the app when they carelessly do that. In short, ignore the outliers and go ahead and download this game. Yes, it's limited free online play I believe per day, with some minor features being part of the pro upgrade as well, but at least you get to play, so there's no complaining. The pro feature is definitely worth it, as I have been playing for quite some time.
Now to my own little review... I have seen this game become very well refined over time, especially since the game has migrated to an amazing multiplayer platform that's not associated with the Game Center. It has been off the App Store for a little while for that update and a bunch of other stuff to get ironed out, and the result is amazing. Animations, graphics, gameplay, everything is exceptional. My only issue that I have found after being a tester and now playing the game is that if a player leaves during a game, it does not count as a win in statistics, nor does it give you points. Although I can see how people can work together to abuse this if it were "fixed," it's hair something small I wanted to point out in case it wasn't meant to be like that.
Thank you for such a great game and for introducing yaniv to me!
Favorite Card Game!!
Easily one of the best card games ever!!! Fast, fun, easy to learn yet challenging!! I love it!!!
First downloaded Yaniv many versions ago. Now an addict. Glad it came back to the App Store!