Yarn - Text Stories
Ever wanted to snoop through people’s conversations and not feel guilty for it? Want to enter a world of suspense and horror but not up for a long read? Well, now you can!
Every Yarn story is told as a short text message conversation, as if you are watching someone else's text messages. Whether it be hypothetical conversations between two of your favorite celebs, a frantic group chat after accidentally liking an ex’s photo on Instagram, or those suspenseful mysteries you just can’t get enough of, Yarn lets you tap through it all!
It’s about time to make reading fun, fast, and fabulous again. Stay up to date with your favorite Yarn stories as we update episodes and conversations daily!
Subscribe for unlimited access to all the best Yarn stories.
YARN UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTIONS:
– You can subscribe for unlimited access to Yarn content
- Yarn offers offer weekly, monthly, and annual subscriptions
- Trials will be 7 days, after which the subscription will auto-renew
- Weekly subscriptions will be charged at $4.99/week*
- Monthly subscriptions will be charged at $19.99/month*
- Annual subscriptions will be charged at $99.99/year*
- You'll be able to access unlimited stories for the duration of your subscription
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
*Prices are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent subscription price in $USD
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pay to Read AND See
This app is a ripoff and that’s putting it lightly from going into this from just the first five minutes after opening it. The app wants you to pay money to see any embedded video and pictures in the story, you know things that help enhance the story are hidden behind a paywall. On top of that, you get the pleasure of waiting 30 minutes to continue on with the story... All of that combined is akin to buying a movie having to pay for audio so you can get the whole story while having to deal with the movie stopping every 15minutes for half an hour before proceeding onward. Other interactive story apps at least give you tickets to read with a refresh timer and let you experience each chapter fully (minus premium choices of course) for free. Don’t get me wrong, Yarn has a cute concept but it’s not worth it even for free to have parts of the story being held for ransom and lame 30 minute waits... having experienced this myself I’m almost certain that all 5 star reviews are either paid shills or friends/relatives of the developers because no one in their right mind would willingly give this 5 stars with the serious limitations and money gouging practices this app engages in. Unless they at some point decide to graciously add a ticket feature for more than one chapter at a time and allow you to unlock the video/pictures for free via an ad, there is no reason at all to download this.
Too controlling 🤷🏽♀️
So the idea of this game is nice. I’m more in to reading love stories and horror. They asked what I was interested in and I picked love first expecting to be able to pick more than one for more than one type of genre to read. That didn’t happen like at all. It automatically took me in to a story I was interested in. I was clicking through it and it stopped me..mid story. I was mad😂. The fact that make you wait so long to get the other half of a story. Then I waited and I realized that I was missing so much information because I didn’t pay for the pictures. That irritates me because I thought the pictures where just gonna be like a fun accessory to the story..but NO you have to buy it in order to get pieces of the story that you miss from the text. (And they pick the stories for you and don’t let you see the ending)
So in saying all this here’s how you can help only make people pay for like no ads and more pictures. Let people see the pictures that are necessary to the story. And let them pick their own stories and be able to pick more than one genre. Also let them finish the stories without you guys bulldozing over and picking something else for them...do this and I bet you won’t have so many one starts😂😂💯
I really wanted to give this a chance, but it blew it. The “stories” aren’t even that good, and the pictures and videos are very important, HOWEVER you have to pay to view them! This is outrageous, how can it force you to read a horrible story, and pay to see important parts, and still have the audacity to make you wait 30 minutes for the next half of the story! Who in their right mind would see this as “good”! I read the reviews of the five stars, and they are just as bad as the app itself! I tried, I really tried to give it a chance, but it’s so bad, so outstandingly garbage, that I had to stop halfway through reading the first part of the first half of the story I was forced to read, because the writing was god awful, the story just decided it would implement something without context, and the “scary” or “thrilling” bit was so terrible I almost threw up reading the sentence that said, “Trevor... He killed them. They’re dead.” The five star reviews are either from genuine idiots or from spam bots because they all say I ONLY WISH WE DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT 30 FOR THE OTHER HALF OF THE STORY AND WE COULD JUST WATCH AN AD! Overall the app is bad, the stories are bad, and the reviews are just as if not more so as terrible as the app. If you own it un ironically, never reproduce with any other human and spread your genes.
- Science Mobile, LLC
- 135 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Science Mobile, LLC, 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Weekly Unlimited (7 Days Free) $2.99
- Weekly Unlimited $4.99
- Yarn Subscription (Retired) $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.