By Blue Burro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Yarny is creative writing in the cloud. A beautiful and simple online writing environment for the high-production, creative writer. Write the way you want to write, using any approach you like in a simple, distraction-free environment. It's novel writing in the cloud. For our Premium subscribers, this is the iPhone and iPod Touch companion to this popular creative writing web application. With this app, you're never apart from your creative works. Use it like you would those index cards you carry around in your pocket or that special little notebook you won't leave home without.
• Access all of your titles and their groups and snippets
• Easily move among your Story, People, Places and Things lists
• Read and edit your writing
• Create new snippets and write new text
• Remain signed in so you can quickly jot down notes and thoughts
• Display your snippets showing the colors you assigned to them
Here are some of the things for which our customers are using Yarny:
• Short Stories
• Biographies and Memoirs
• Magazine Articles
• Blog Posts
• Research Papers
• Long, Important Emails
• Character and Location Descriptions
• Inspirational Thoughts
• Yarny runs on iPhone and iPod Touch with iOS 3.2+
• A Yarny premium subscription is required. Visit yarny.me and sign in with an existing account to upgrade to Premium.
Send your thoughts and questions to us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Added additional support for renaming and coloring snippets.
- Added Snippet to Snippet navigation
- Improved view of Groups
- Better handling of keeping a user logged in.
- Bug fixes.
Now it's fixed!
The app tells you BEFORE DOWNLOAD that you need premium. That should not be a surprise to ANYBODY, as it is in the app description. The interface is nice, writing is easy, you have plenty of room. However, there are currently glitches that require restarting the app constantly, saying "you need to be logged in to do that" over and over and over. I hope that gets fixed soon, then my rating would be 5 stars.
EDIT: With the new version everything is working much better! This is a fantastic, convenient, and well organized app, I LOVE using it. Yarnys lack of formatting in its browser form translates very well into app-form. And as I said, there is a lot of room to read your work and write.
Best money ever spent
After losing an entire novel to a hard drive crash and then the backup on my thumb drive went kablooey I was in tears. Yarny has saved my bacon. It's nice having someplace I can back all my work up to. Not to mention I love how you can keep track of your characters, places, and important notes about your story with snippets. This app is an author's best friend. Being able to write a novel on my iPad had been life saving. Love it!
Very neat and useful
This is great for when I can't get to my computer but have an idea I need to jot down.
Also read the description. Yes you need a premium account, but for $4 a month I think it's totally worth it. I mean, all my story ideas are fully organized in one portable place that I can pull up on any computer OR on my phone. I love it.