Yaya Learns Chinese
By Chin Yee Karwehl
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Follow Yaya on her exciting adventure to discover where her parents are taking her for her 5th birthday. Solve the riddles and learn Chinese along the way. This app focuses on Chinese Characters Recognition – an important skill that will open up a world of independent reading and learning of the Chinese language for your children.
Main features of our app:
• COPPA compliant, no ads, no in-app purchases, safe for young children
• Choose from 5 languages (English, German, Spanish, Korean Or Chinese) to guide your children through fun, yet educational, games
• Suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 8, the perfect age to start learning an additional language
• Hands on learning - no passive watching at tutorial slides
• 4 interactive games, introducing 34 words/phrases that children encounter in their everyday lives
• Story based games to keep children engaged
• Beautiful artwork and quality design throughout
• High quality narration spoken by native speakers
• Audio instructions throughout the app - young children who are not yet able to read can navigate through the games without problem
• No distracting Pin Yin (pronunciation) displayed next to the Chinese characters – children memories best when the Chinese characters are displayed in a clean and plain format
• Pin Yin (pronunciation) information is available in the Parents Page for further reference
1) Train Station – children will hone their detective skills by searching for hidden coins at the train station. They will learn how to count from one to ten in Chinese.
2) The Journey – children discover different locations during the train journey. They learn 14 Chinese words/phrases here including Mountain, Lake, Tree, Windmill, Bridge and House. They also have to apply their logical skills to connect different shapes of the train track.
3) Theme Park – children answer various quizzes to get the tickets they need for the rides. Here, they will learn the Chinese characters for Car, Train, Truck, Boat and Airplane.
4) Birthday Party – children help decorating and preparing the birthday room. They learn the Chinese characters for Cake, Candy, Fruit Juice, Balloon and Present.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Minor bug fixes - many thanks for the feedback!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 241 MB
- Languages: English, German, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Chin Yee Karwehl
- © 2017 Kiddies City e.Kfr.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.