The Official App for Yellowstone National Park from the Yellowstone Association. Includes all of the essential information you need to know to plan your trip to Yellowstone, or experience the park without leaving the house.
No cell signal? No problem. Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps.
• Favorite destinations, and activities available in each place
• Guided video tour of the Upper Geyser Basin
• 15 Favorite walks and hikes in the park
• Stunning photos
• A park map that includes all of the roads and many trails in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Safety guidelines, and tips – including wildlife viewing information, directions and safety, and much more.
• Complete guide to lodging, dining and shopping in Yellowstone
• Complete list of campgrounds and amenities for car/RV camping in the park
Find things nearby while in the park using “around me” - your GPS location works even without a cell signal.
Save places to your Favorites for trip planning and easy access.
Visit the in-app store to add the Best of Yellowstone bundle to your app, including:
1. Touring Yellowstone - section by section guides to the 5 entrance roads and the 8 sections of the Grand Loop, connecting major attractions like Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Each point of interest is identified by location, so you can follow along on the map as you go.
2. Favorite Walks & Hikes - 38 Hikes and 12 self-guiding trails around Yellowstone, ranging from easy to difficult. Most are accessible from the main roads.
3. History & Geology - Learn about the natural and human history of Yellowstone. See how the Yellowstone Caldera formed, and identify the different types of thermal features in the park. Trace human history from indigenous peoples to the exploration of the 1800s and the formation of America's first national park.
4. Yellowstone Field Guide - Identify and learn about Yellowstone's wide variety of birds, plants and mammals.
You can buy this book in the park bookstore for $9.95 or add it to your Yellowstone app for $3.99. Either way your purchase goes to benefit Yellowstone National Park!
• Improved interface for guided tours and maps
• Added missing tour stop for Upper Geyser Basin tour
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing offline app
Had 90% of our 2 day trip to Yellowstone navigated via this app to all top spots. Really good since there is only patchy At&t reception there and its offline maps with car location helped a lot. Plus map is really detailed with tracking paths and information to read about all top spots.
Nice App with beautiful photos and over 17 video tours with Ranger Orville. Ranger Orville was our guide 13 years ago when we visited Yellowstone. He is quick and too the point. He's very descriptive for kids to understand and enjoy. Nice maps, photos, hiking trails, lodging and food info. I've only just begun this too. Again, great app. Thanks!
Amazing way to preview your Trip
This is a big download, but as someone who was reviewing what the park has to offer from home, this is an amazing tool to see what Yellowstone is like. I would be excited to use the app on an actual trip through Yellowstone.
- Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- 127.5 MB
- Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Content Copyright 2011 Yellowstone Association. Application Copyright 2011 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Yellowstone Full Version $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.