Yelp: Discover Local Favorites
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Yelp has over 135 million reviews of businesses worldwide. Whether you’re looking for a new pizza place to try, a great coffee shop nearby, or need to book a haircut, Yelp is your local guide for finding the perfect place to eat, shop, drink, explore, and relax. The Yelp app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
Food Near You - Find Restaurants
• Find the newest and hottest restaurants in your area
• Make reservations, order delivery or pickup—all from your phone
• Filter restaurant search results by price, location, open now, and more
Search for Nearby Businesses, Services, & Professionals
• Discover great local businesses, from hair salons to trusted doctors and movers
• Read millions of reviews by the Yelp community
• Home need repairs? Find the best rated contractors and handymen
• Find great deals offered by local businesses, get quotes instantly, and book appointments
Beauty - Pamper Yourself
• Find highly-rated salons, spas, massage therapists, and more
• Book appointments through Yelp at the most relaxing staycation destinations
• Filter your search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and hours of operation
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app
• Read expert user reviews and browse through beautiful photos of each business
• Write and read reviews, check-in to local businesses, upload photos and add tips for other Yelp users
Find local restaurants, read expert customer reviews, and start searching for businesses near you with Yelp.
Need Help? Contact Yelp at https://www.yelp-support.com/?l=en_US
Note: Continued use of GPS running can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 12.1.0
New to Yelp? Don’t worry; we got you covered. Our “me” tab—which is where you put everything about you—has a new feature that easily teaches you about the app and helps you discover cool core features.
Functionality is usually good, but...
The app works fine most days, but there are times when certain functions simply don't work. For instance, none of the photos for businesses are displaying on the app for me. I can see ratings, reviews, and the attached photos, but I can't click on any or the app shows there are no photos posted. There is also another problem I run into every now and then that involves the search feature. Whenever I type in a new city or change search filters, the changes are never saved; the previous search results just refresh.
I don't have a problem with Yelp's practices. I think it does a great job at preventing fake 5-star reviews from counting towards a business' rating. A lot of people complaining say that a 5-star review on their business page is authentic, when in reality it's the owners themselves, family, or friends posting the review. It's all too common, and you can tell by the number of 5-star reviews from blank profiles (1 review, no photos) that go up within a certain timeframe. I also think Yelp does a great job preventing competitors from posting fake 1-star reviews on other business' pages, which is becoming a bigger problem.
I’m Yelp Elite...
Love the app & the improvements made. Wish they’d make the following updates...
1. When you do a search, please automatically sort by distance, closest to furthest. Then, allow the list to be filtered again by: stars, etc.
2. Please expand your listing to the Bahamas. Your GPS is off and everything falls under Nassau, NY instead of Nassau, Bahamas. If Facebook can find me and I can check in there, it would behoove you to do the same.
3. When someone sends a complement based on a tip or a review, it’s helpful to know the context of the complement as the receiver. “Joe B sent you a complement from you review or tip at XYZ”
4. Please allow the about me section allowing it to be modified within the app. Please add more questions and please allow more characters to the comments. If I try to go online, it jumps to the app.
5. Please trigger notifications when you are active in the Talk section so you know there was a response. I don’t get notifications. I just have to keep checking back.
6. Please require a person to have at least 25 friends, 25 reviews and 25 pics WITH an actual pic before they are allowed to message anyone. I am beyond sick and tired of the stalkers and trolls. Men will troll to hit on women. This is not a dating site and creeps are getting in.
ANNOYING GLITCH?? OR JUST STUPID PROGRAMMING?
I haven’t update my yelp app in a long time, but just a few days ago I decided to finally update it, and the results? EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!
I’m someone who likes to look through pictures of food/the menu before trying new places. HOWEVER, yelp is making this difficult and annoying for people like me! Every time I scroll through the pictures posted, I click on one, and then I click “back” to continue scrolling BUT I’m forced to start scrolling from the VERY BEGINNING of the images. So now I have to waste time and thumb muscles to scroll all the way down, probably past a hundred pictures I’ve already looked at, before getting back to the picture I left off at.
PLEASE FIX THIS!!! The old version did not have this issue. I’d rather have the older version for its functionality than this newer version that is supposed to look better but is less functional!!!!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 18, 2017
- Version: 12.1.0
- Size: 210 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.