Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch has over 100 million reviews on businesses worldwide! Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play.
• Discover great local businesses.
• Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services.
• Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now.
• Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals.
• Get to know a business through beautiful photos.
• Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses.
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app.
• Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own!
What's New in Version 10.17.1
• Bug fixes and various improvements
They remove or hide 1 star reviews at request of business owners
Regardless of what their claims might be, Yelp does indeed remove low ratings and poor reviews at the request of business owners and managers, most notably ones who advertise with them. One of the sleazy ways around admitting to this is placing a poor review into the reviews "not recommended by yelp" area, hoping you won't read them. They will throw an occasional 4 or 5 star review into the mix to make it look like it's all on the up and up, but it is not. After watching several local businesses in the area for some time it's almost comical to watch the negative review on them disappear in a short period of time, with yelp hiding behind the pretense of this process being "automated". Be careful when choosing a place to eat or shop when using yelp, you can easily get burned by false positive reviews and deleted or hidden truthful reviews. Always double check with sites like tripadvisor and other review sites, where they do not cater to businesses for their own personal gain. Any business who advertises with Yelp can have your negative reviews deleted immediately, no questions asked. These guys are bought and paid for by some of the shadiest businesses in the entire world. 1 star is much to high for this pathetic, extremely dishonest app that is Yelp. Not to be trusted. Patronizing any of the businesses who advertise with them is extremely risky.
Yelp app review
I look to Yelp daily for businesses and try to contribute by leaving honest reviews as well, good, bad or indifferent. I've appreciated my fellow yelper's input and many times, the details help make my decisions on where to go. I think it would be more helpful if more people contributed the good and indifferent opinions instead of just the 1 or 5 stars but that's not Yelp's fault. I'd like if the default search result was with the highest rated first. I'm not sure what "best match" helps with when searching for restaurants or coffee and tea.
This app rocks
If you are around a new area, or even on the place you live and your a ready to try something new but not sure what to expect, this is what Yelp is awesome for, I use it for everything!! It's really easy to use and has help me so many times, and you can share your experiences too so you can help others, and on the go there are places that give you coupons when you check in!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 03, 2016
- Version: 10.17.1
- Size: 67.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.