Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Looking for a burrito joint open now? An Irish pub nearby? A gas station you can drive to before your tank hits empty? Yelp for your iPhone or iPad is here to help. Use us to search for places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play then read reviews from an active community of locals in the know.
• Search for businesses near you
• Tap quick links to find nearby bars, restaurants, cafes and more
• Narrow your searches by 'hood, distance, price, and what's open now
• Browse reviews to read what's great (and not so great) in your city
• Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses on iPhone
• Add tips, photos, and draft reviews for your favorite businesses
• Check-in and share on Facebook and Twitter
• Make reservations on OpenTable without leaving the Yelp app
• Look up addresses and phone numbers for thousands of businesses, then call or map them from your iPhone or iPad
• Yelp does augmented reality with Monocle. Overlay business information onto the world around you.
What's New in Version 7.6.0
• Do you ever feel like you're the smartest person in the room, but since Jeopardy has stopped returning your calls you don't have a good way to share your knowledge? Stop waiting to buzz in! Now you can show off your local expertise every time you check in to a business!
• We also tightened some screws and greased the joints a bit, so things should run a lot smoother with this one. Enjoy!
My "Under Duress" review...
The app is good- Really good actually. It works at helping me find food. I like the ease with which I can search based on area, cuisine, whether delivery is offered and ESPECIALLY whether or not the place is open.
Properly 4.5-5 stars but I'm docking a star for badgering me into writing a review and always when I'm starving (like now) !
There- you got your precious review! Can I find a pizza now?
I've used the Yelp app for years. I love that we can actually post reviews from the app now. However, this recent update, 7.6.0 I believe, has rendered my app useless. It keeps freezing/searches forever when I try to search for businesses or go onto my profile. When I say forever, I mean it--the grey circle of death doesn't go away. Also, when I click the rightmost tab for more icons, my app freezes. Please send out a patch ASAP. I've reinstalled, restarted the app, restarted my phone to no avail. What a horrible update. It claims to make things smoother but it did the exact opposite, and then some.
Having been a yelper for years I think yelp provides a great service to those of us dining in an unfamiliar area. However, I'd say,"be careful". A lot of yelp contributors are unduly generous with stars. Places that I think are adequate get rave reviews from they that are either naive or tasteless. Bottom line take all reviews with a grain of salt, even mine.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 7.6.0
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.