Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch has over 70 million reviews on businesses worldwide! Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play.
• Discover great local businesses.
• Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services.
• Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now.
• Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals.
• Get to know a business through beautiful photos.
• Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses.
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app.
• Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own!
What's New in Version 9.14.0
• Wanna get your daily Yelp going after checking today's weather & stocks? We've added a Today Widget in this version so you can do exactly that.
• We've made it easier to search within reviews, so you can get to the ones where they talk about your favorite ice cream flavor. It's Cookies 'n Cream, right?
• You can now search for delivery right to your home, we are still talking to New Horizons about delivering to Pluto.
iPad app blows
I had the iPhone and iPad apps on my devices. I don't use them but once a year maybe. Well, not anymore from my iPad. After spending months with tech support to resolve one of their bugs, I still keep getting the same exact message from them to try and help. I have told them a dozen times which iOS, device, and yelp version I have. I just wanted to get rid of the notification bubble from the app icon. No way to remove it, no way to shut it off either.
Plus yelps practices are not loyal to its users. It will remove bad reviews from businesses that pay and remove 5 star reviews from those that don't. And no way for a business to dispute a review put up by competitors, or reviews that make no sense.
And why can't I leave feedback on yelp itself? It is a business, right? So why are you guys exempt? Probably because you know you would be the lowest rated business out there.
Yelping is Helping
I used to not be so much into Yelp because they were constantly trying to do what I was doing on Yelp and connect it to my Facebook page and that was really annoying and over reaching. But I got them to change that and it made Yelping enjoyable again and the App now goes pretty much everywhere I do. I think the App is really helpful with finding things you need to checkout or looking for suggestions from others on what to eat. Not to mention a cool way to meet new friends. It has a few more bugs that I want them to workout like more of a like double checking before they just send a friend request to your whole Facebook list but hopefully they are getting there.
I read some of these reviews before downloading the app. Yelp must be tickled pink that people leave their Yelp reviews here on the App Store.
So to spice it up a bit, I thought I'd write about the actual Yelp App rather than my experiences with the local coffee shop or yoga teacher :-)
The app works as expected, great for writing reviews of your own. The interface is a little cluttered, and I don't think I'd ever use the app to explore my neighbourhood - I'd use Maps for that, and then go directly to the review section on Yelp. The reason: Maps adds logos rather than numbers to the map (like Yelp does) which does not help me see what is what on the map.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 9.14.0
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.