Yesterday We Had A Hurricane - A Blackfish (Bedtime Lite Apps Customizable Kids Free Interactive Stories HD) Children's Book
By Customizabooks LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Yesterday We Had A Hurricane has earned the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award and the Teacher’s Choice Award, and it has been featured on C-SPAN and The Discovery Channel.
• “Yesterday We Had A Hurricane is a fantastic story with wonderfully creative and unique illustrations. It takes a scary topic and explains it in a child-friendly way.” -- Jay and Liz Scott, award-winning authors of Alex And The Amazing Lemonade Stand
• "...at last there's a book that explains to our children the power and devastating effects of such a storm. Written and illustrated in simple but effective language, this is a must-have book for every school, library and home." -- Janet Mary Sinke, award-winning author of the Grandma Janet Mary series
Yesterday We Had A Hurricane is a Blackfish Children's Book.
Yesterday We Had A Hurricane (Bilingual Edition - English & Spanish) re-tells the experience of a hurricane as seen through the eyes of a young child. Young readers will learn all about these “big storms that come from the ocean.” They’ll find out about the effects of wind and rain, as well as some of the more lighthearted and practical alternatives to doing without electricity.
Author/Illustrator Deirdre McLaughlin Mercier brings a deft touch and an understanding of her readers to the tale. Her colorful collage illustrations make hurricanes non-threatening and bring them down to “child size” – making this book a wonderful resource for parents and schoolteachers. Each page of the story provides an opportunity to talk about the storm and the feelings associated with it.
It is an interactive touchable picture book for children ages 3 to 8.
“With the images of several devastating storms and other natural disasters of recent history still fresh in our minds, Yesterday We Had A Hurricane is a terrific tool for parents and educators to help children come to grips with these frightening events. The simple text and beautiful collage illustrations focus on a common childhood fear — feeling safe when the world seems out of control.”
~ Deb Capone, author of the award-winning children’s classics Families Are Forever, Dumplings Are Delicious and Tooth Fairy Tales
“Using straightforward language and uncomplicated artwork, this book achieves its goal of helping young children cope with the disaster of a hurricane.”
~ Trey Bornmann, editor for Illumination Arts Publishing, home of numerous award-winning books including Am I A Color Too? and We Share One World
• Interactive touchable objects and animations on every page that kids love to touch and watch what they do. Try and find all of the objects throughout the story to see a child friendly illustration of a hurricane. At the end, the book tells you what you still need to find.
• English and Spanish story.
• 1 Purchase gets you both iPhone/iPod and iPad versions
• Easy to use navigation, customization, and page turning effects
• Music throughout the book to help set the appropriate mood.
Customizabooks is a pioneer of customizable books and games. Customizabooks can take your book and turn it into an interactive digital app. Our technology also can be used to create interactive electronic books and games with broad customization features.
Please visit Customizabooks online for more information:
About Bumble Bee Productions:
Bumble Bee Productions is a boutique press specializing in high end, timeless children’s picture books. Its titles are quality productions which have garnered several national and international awards. Learn more at BumbleBeeProductions.com.
What's New in Version 1.3
updated for Blackfish 1.3
fixed initial loading issue in some situations
added in Parental Controls for leaving app
memory usage improvements
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Customizabooks LLC
- © 2012 Customizabooks LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.