Yi Jing - I Ching - Book of Changes
By Flat Earth Studio LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ancient oracle meets modern device! Deal with life's challenges more meaningfully. Tap into your inner self. Find the translation that speaks to you. Ask questions, use the oracle, manage a journal, and browse multiple book translations.
* Specify a topic
* Enter a question or phrase
* Toss coins by shaking
* Or manipulate yarrow stalks
* Or toss dice
* Or use Stephen Karcher's Circle of Protectors
* Or navigate Michael Tingle's I Ching Mandala
* Or use the Quick option
* Or use manual input
Manage a journal...
* Multi-line questions & notes
* Sort by topic, hexagram or date
* Search by keyword
* Present, Changes and Future
* Add your own notes
* Switch translations for readings
* Mail journal entries
* Sync over iCloud
Browse the book...
* Multiple book translations
* Chinese with Pinyin phonetics
* King Wen Hexagram numbers
* Trigram descriptions
* Component Trigrams
* Ruling Lines
* Related Hexagrams
* A Library tab makes it easy to switch books
* "Yi Jing - Book of Transformations" by Brian Arnold
* "A Guide to the I Ching" by Carol K. Anthony (English and German)
* "Yi Jing / Book of Changes" by Gregory C. Richter
* "I Ching Oracle" by Nigel Richmond
* "Language of the Lines", English (Nigel Richmond)
* "Taoist I Ching", English (Gia Fu Feng with Frank Kegan)
* Original Chinese (two versions)
* "I Ging", German (Wilhelm)
* "Yi Jing", Japanese (Yo Fujiwara)
* "Yi Jing", in French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Russian (Arnold)
More books for in-app purchase...
* "The I Ching or Book of Changes" (Book I, II and III) by Richard Wilhelm
* "The Laws of Change" by Jack Balkin
* "I Ching: Walking Your Path, Creating Your Future" by Hilary Barrett
* "The Complete I Ching" by Taoist Master Alfred Huang
* "I Ching: Navigating Change" by Stephen Karcher
* "The I Ching Workbook" by R.L. Wing
* "The I Ching: The Book To Turn To For Wisdom And Guidance" by Michael Hurn with Claire Hurn
Other key features...
* Straightforward and elegant interface
* Option to represent coin heads as Yang
* Option to cast coins using Yarrow stalk probabilities
* Portrait and landscape orientation
* Resources to access help and online I Ching resources
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Resolved an issue on iPad with Journal > Manage Journal > Export.
Superb in every way
This is by far the best I Ching app available. I had their earlier version with the Richard Wilhelm translation. It too is a great app, but when that app gave me a note that I could import the Wilhelm book into the this newer app, I became curious. To my delight, I found that this new version imported the full Wilhelm book I had in the other app and came with a few other translations. When clicking on the library icon, it took me to the store to buy more translations, but a few of them were for free and just allowed me to install them. Now, I have 6 translations that came with the app, carrying over the Wilhelm made it 7. I could then not help but buy Alfred Huang's, texts as well as that is one of my favorite translations. My next will be to get Balkin's. I love this app. It allows you to be in the reading of a hexagram and switch to another translation. No more going through stacks of books. They are are right at the tip of the finger. If you are a purest and think that a computer app cannot deliver the same experience as tossing your own yarrow or coins, then you could still do that and then come to the app and use it like a book, or should I say like many books and note have to look anything up. It is all right there in front of you. Best thing to ever happen to the I Ching. Now, if only they had the Taoist I Ching by Cleary, I would be very happy as I often consult this as well during readings. Love this app!
Doesn't get much better
I have been reading the I Ching as a book of philosophy and consulting the power of the synchronicity of happen stance for almost 10 years. This is the best way to read and use this ancient manuscript that I have found. Coins, reeds or just understanding the philosophy & a comprehension library to download rock this app. The various translation can bring subtle details to life as no one volume can. I've been using this version for about 5 years now and highly recommend it. It is unfortunate this spelling doesn't show up under I-Ching in the App Store or this version would dominate the field.
Been using this app for years now
I learned to read the traditional coin method in 1991. I really appreciate this app as a convenient way to do readings on the go and store them easily--in a way that can be accessed and shared from anywhere and won't get lost. My only suggestion is the add Master Huang's classic book back into the interpretations available to select in the app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 71.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Flat Earth Studio LLC
- © 2017 Brian Arnold
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The I Ching: Book I (Wilhelm)$4.99
- The I Ching Workbook (RL Wing)$6.99
- The I Ching III: Commentaries$4.99
- Navigating Change (Karcher)$8.99
- The I Ching II: The Material$4.99
- The Complete I Ching (Huang)$9.99
- The Laws of Change (Balkin)$9.99
- I Ching (Barrett)$6.99
- I Ching (Hurn)$4.99
- I Ging: Das Buch der Wandlungen$2.99