YIX is the most fun you will have with your friends all day and is the game you have been waiting for. Play with multiple friends or strangers by responding to a phrase with an expressive animated GIF supplied within the game or upload a GIF of your choice. Laugh and repeat for endless, addicting fun. YIX follows the same popular game playing format that you would find in Cards Against Humanity or Apples to Apples… but with GIFs!
How to play
- Invite 3 or more friends to play with or play a game with strangers
- Start a game by choosing between 3 phrases or customize your own question
- Your friends will be given 10 GIFs to choose from to respond to your phrase
- Once all your friends have played, you choose the winner
- Next player in line becomes the new judge and starts a new round
- After all players have been the judge a winner is chosen and the game is over
- Tens of thousands of funny and entertaining GIFs with more added daily for endless comedy and fun
- Discover hilarious and shocking GIFs that are difficult to find elsewhere
- Search and invite friends using your contacts, Facebook and other social networks
- Start playing by connecting with Facebook or by creating an account using email
- Play with multiple friends and strangers in multiple games
- Follow all of your games in one unified feed
- Favorite any GIF and store for future creative plays
- Upload your own GIFs and play them in the game or add them to your favorites
- Share your plays and the plays of your friends to Facebook, Twitter, SMS and more
- Nudge a group of players in a game to encourage them to play
- Play YIX extra evil as a party drinking game
Explosive, face melting new updates in this version:
Unique user names so you can find friends easier
Ability to invite strangers to private games and build your own custom playlist
Optimized ‘Strange Danger’ games to get you into more action
More colorful new UI updates
General bug fixes
Enjoy and tell your friends! More to come!
Ratings and Reviews
I like the idea of this app but who and how do you determine who "wins"???? I see reviews of people "picking a winner" and I don't understand how that's done. Also can't find an area with instructions after the initial startup. I think there should be a place where you can go to see all of everything you made, and another place to see every phrase you posted that others made one with. I do not understand the colors next to the games, been trying to figure out what they mean like if it's green I won or lost, blue if I posted it? I don't know, I can't tell, and can't figure it out. The whole thing just seems pretty unorganized. The future of the app is bright but as it stands right now I'm probably going to delete it. If it started in 2014 and I started playing 3 days ago in 2017 I shouldn't already be on the top leaderboard lol. It's obviously in its early stages and needs a lot of bugs worked out. I have no issues with freezing or it being slow.
Two thumbs up
I can’t even begin to give this game enough props. It is by far the most entertaining thing I have ever installed on my iPhone. The best part is peoples creativity. I am a nerd and have seen a ton of gifs in my day but the context in which they are played on yix takes it to a whole new level. If you haven’t played it you are missing out. If you have and don’t like it then you should reassess your life. Yix++
- YIX, Inc
- 14 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 YIX
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Favorite Pack $0.99
- Game Slots $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.