The YMCA of San Diego County mobile application makes it easier for San Diego Y members and participants to engage with the YMCA. The application allows you to view current group exercise class schedules, upcoming registered and favorited program sessions and use your mobile device as your Y membership card for facility access. The app also…
+ Allows users to view and manage membership details and family profiles.
+ Browse and favorite group exercise class schedules from all San Diego Y locations.
+ Find and register for programs and events for the entire family.
+ Find and compare amenities at all Y locations.
+ Be notified of upcoming favorites classes, program sessions and facility updates or alerts.
This is the first release of the YMCA of San Diego County application
Additional customization via My Y account screen. Improved upcoming, favorited session and group exercise displays. Push notification improvements and various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a ton of work
1. I was able to log in and see my account, as well as who is in my family group.
2. Once, on the myY button, I was able to scan in place of a membership card, though now it’s not there.
3. You can add your membership card to your wallet on the iPhone.
4. You can change family member’s photos, email addresses and passwords.
1. You cannot add or remove anyone from your family group within the app.
2. It constantly logs me out then says my password is incorrect. The only way to solve it is to “forget my password”.
3. I was excited to see I could ditch my card and use my phone, though, not only is my card info not at the top anymore but adding it to the iPhone wallet is useless because the barcode system hasn’t been updated to work with the wallet format. Though, for a few years, I have been using a different ymca app that works just fine as a card replacement.
4. In San Diego, we have 15+ YMCAs. Within the app, you can’t see any other YMCA schedule besides your home Y. I regularly visit other Ys because of class options.
I’m sure with some tweaks, this will be a great app but for now, it’s completely useless to me.
Needs some work
The app times out and you have to log in every time. Even just to look at the group exercise schedule and the app doesn’t have the option to enable Face ID for login. So every time that I’m interested in seeing what group exercise is happening it says my session times out and I need to log in. I understand logging in to see my activities and cart, but just to look at what is already on the website is a pain. I like vowing the schedule in the app over the mobile site, it’s more user friendly. I just wish I didn’t have to log in to do it, or that the Y would work with apple to allow me to use Face ID to log in.
Not a fan that I have to log in each time I access the app. Most apps now will keep you logged in for easy access. Further, I was automatically assigned a password when I signed up for membership and cannot find anywhere on the app where I can change that.
The favorites feature is useless as my favorites do not show on the main screen. I visit two different ymcas based on the group fitness schedules and it would be nice to have a quick view of what classes and where I marked as favorites.
- YMCA of San Diego County
- 110.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 YMCA of San Diego County
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.