YNAB—Budget, Personal Finance, Expense Tracker
YNAB will help you break the paycheck to paycheck cycle, get out of debt, and save more money. On average, new users save $600 in the first two months, and more than $6,000 in the first year. Try it free for 30 days.
Bank Synching—Easily connect all your accounts in one place.
On the Go— Realtime access to all your data makes it simple to share finances with a partner.
Debt Paydown—The tools and teaching you need to help you get out of debt for good.
Goal Tracking—Set and track goals to reach them faster.
Reporting—Detailed, visual spending and trend reports help you measure progress and improve.
Personal Support—Our friendly support team is available around the clock via email, live chat in the app, and offer 100+ free, live workshops every week.
“YNAB is the first budgeting app I’ve ever used, stuck with, and that has made sense. Absolutely love it!” -- @brennandunn
“I never, ever, ever thought I’d see this, and yet here it is: CREDIT CARD BEAST DEFEATED! Props to @YNAB which helped me get it done!” -- @taber
“3 years ago I started with YNAB, the goal was paying off all my debt. With YNAB, I was able to double the goal! Bye, financial stress!” -- @HancinGaming
“I just don’t know what I’d do without YNAB. I’ve never been so financially aware in my life.” -- @janejoneslives
“I’ve been using YNAB for over 2 years, and in 23 days my fiance and I will be paying for our wedding without any loans because of YNAB. Thank you!” -- @Thai_Jonny
You’ve Never Budgeted Like This Before
YNAB is unlike any personal finance app, expense tracker, or money management system you’ve tried before—because it works. The powerful combination of award-winning apps and a proven method—YNAB’s Four Rules—has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people by teaching them to get control of their finances, stop stressing, and live the life they want to live.
A Proven Method—YNAB’s Four Rules
Rule One: Give Every Dollar A Job | Be intentional about what you want your money to do before you spend it.
Rule Two: Embrace Your True Expenses | Break up larger, less frequent expenses into smaller, manageable amounts. By saving monthly for insurance premiums, holidays, or car repairs, when the time comes, your money is ready and waiting to do its job.
Rule Three: Roll With The Punches | When life changes, so must your budget. Make adjustments and move along. Flexible budgets succeed because they’re guilt-free, realistic, and sustainable.
Rule Four: Age Your Money | As you repeat the first three rules, you’ll increase the time between earning a dollar and the moment you need to spend it. When your money is at least a month old, you’ll have finally broken the paycheck to paycheck cycle for good.
Free for 30 Days, Then an Annual Subscription
- YNAB is a one-year auto-renewable subscription, billed annually.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a
subscription to that publication, where applicable.
What’s New in v2.6.2
Only one thing of note in this release, other than some behind-the-scenes improvements that aren’t worth mentioning individually.
• We now make use of the full screen real estate of the iPad Pro models released in November. No more compatibility mode. Woohoo.
Ratings and Reviews
Put your affairs in order and get total control of your money.
I hate the new keyboard
App is great, service is great and life changing. Been using it for two years and finally can keep up with my spending and seeing improvement But anyways this is a review of the app not the service and I currently have a few issues
1. My girlfriend and I (she is more enraged than I am) loved how easy it was to change budgets in the old app! Now We have to go through a very long journey just to change the budget! And I have 3 different budgets (sometimes 4 if I am traveling) I wish there was an easy way to switch between them (while we are at it, the web app could use easier budget switching ..). Also, maybe add in a title somewhere which budget I have opened? A few times I have logged in things in the wrong budget, because I didn’t realize I had the wrong one open
2. The keyboard to enter a transaction as of 21st of January. I like the overhaul of the page, I love how everything is in one page, but hate the new keyboard! My eyes bleed every time I look at it .... YNAB has designed such an aesthetically pleasing app, why did they do that!! And it bothers me that the keyboard covers the clear button (yes it’s silly I know). I hope the great developers behind this app can find it in their hearts to make the keyboard visually pleasing ...
New app is a massive improvement
I had started using YNAB but ended up losing the habit because there would be times when a purchase made on the go couldn’t fit into any existing categories I had set up on the web app, and I had no way of changing things until I had long lost track of purchases.
Now, the new app lets me do literally everything I used to have to go on my computer to do, and it does so in a beautiful, easy-to-use package. With the most recent update, the app went from feeling 8 years outdated and nearly unusable to one of the best-designed apps on my phone. I used to have to apologize for it - “if you can get over the outdated app, the system works really well” - and now I can wholeheartedly recommend the YNAB system to people who ask for help with budgeting.
Don’t fall for the convenience of automated budget tracking with other apps! YNAB’s manual system forces you to pay attention to the consequences of every single purchase. The learning curve is difficult at first, and it does take an hour or two to get everything set up. But the payoff is literal - managing my money tightly with YNAB lets me spend more comfortably by making sure I have what I need for expenses and savings. This is hands-down the best budgeting system available.
Put your affairs in order and get total control of your money.
- You Need A Budget LLC
- 80.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 YouNeedABudget.com
- In-App Purchases
- YNAB Subscription $83.99
- YNAB Subscription $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.