Yocto Alarm Clock
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Attractive, very full-featured and completely free with no ads! Contains awesome wake-up alarms, magical sleep timers, an eye-catching clock display and plenty of configurable options.
• Wake up to a built-in melody (over 70 high quality sounds, from practical to fun to whacky).
• Wake up to a custom playlist from your iTunes library.
• Full support for fade-out, snooze, vibrate, volume control, backup alarm, and much more.
• Power Nap mode allows you to instantly set a custom alarm for 5 minutes to 1 hour from the current time.
• Ultra reliable.
• Built-in soundscapes (looping sounds) get you to dreamland in no time flat.
• Create a custom playlist from your iTunes library.
• External Audio Mode. Use other apps to play audio (such as internet radio) and Yocto Clock will fade-out and stop the audio when the sleep timer expires.
• Sleep Timers feature a unique audio book / podcast mode. Listen to audio for a specified time, then gently switch to sleepy-time music.
• Sophisticated clock display, fully configurable.
• Weather forecast and current conditions.
• A fun selection of fonts for the time display.
• Make the text any color you wish.
• Choose from built-in wallpaper or select from your own photo library.
• A full range of gestures to control the app from the clock display.
• An easy-to-use flashlight mode.
• Screen dimming (supports both software and hardware dimming)
• Many configurable options.
• A built-in Mini User's Guide to help you get the most from Yocto Clock.
• Full VoiceOver Accessibility support.
• Full support for devices with Retina displays, including the taller screens on iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th Generation.
• A Universal App with full native support for the iPad.
NOTE: Yocto Clock is 100% functional and completely ad-free app. Everything is included. There is a "tip jar" available as an In-App Purchase so that you can support my efforts if you enjoy the app. I greatly appreciate it! :)
Yocto Clock includes a flashlight mode. Continued use of the flash may dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Supports iPhone 5 & iPod touch 5th Generation.
- Optimized for iOS 6.
- Force portrait mode for clock panel if using Settings > Gestures > Proximity Sensor for iPhone (1.1.1)
- Fix for hardware brightness on iOS 6 (1.1.1)
** If you are enjoying Yocto Alarm Clock, please leave a new rating on the App Store. It really means a lot!
Tried the rest, this is the best
This is really the most practical, full featured, and well-designed alarm clock apps. I have tried at least a dozen or more, and this one has thought of everything. This app is so good that I'm actually glad for the things that it *doesn't* do - it has tons of features, and everyone makes sense and integrated perfectly into the app as a whole. What it does not have is a bunch of dead-weight features that get in the way or ugly up the place. It is not trying to be all things to all people, it is trying - and has succeeded - to be the best at what it is, an alarm clock app. My favorite features are: lots of quality wake-up tones, simple but robust playlist integration, smart dimming and other display options, perfect fade-in functionality, and perhaps most important: lots of thought put into reliability and helpful hints on how to make sure you're going to wake up given the hardware limitations that its and all alarm clock apps are working with. I had "Alarmed" before, and I am very happy that this functionality was split off, and I appreciate the developer's candor and forthright explanation. All in all, it's better than other alarms that cost up to $5, and an uncompromising bargain for anything less!
The BEST Alarm Clock App!!!!
Have you ever bought an app only to use it once and then delete it because it fell way short of your expectations?? Tea, me too. You won't feet that way with this free app! I promise. There are dozens of built-in sounds to choose from to fall asleep to and wake up to, ranging from mellow and pleasant to loud and aggressive for you heavy sleepers, and all of them are fun. The nature and animal sounds are actual recordings of the real deal.
There are endless alarm configurations too. You can set a background for your screen, or allow it to access your photo album for a more custom appearance. Control screen brightness with a simple slide of the finger on the screen, receive weather update via text showing today's forecast and current conditions of your "current location" (which can be controlled), choose how long to snooze..... I could go on an on, but see for yourself. If you're looking for THE BEST ALARM APP, you found it right here. Even though its free, I even "tipped" the guy a buck for creating it (which is completely voluntary!) I love it so much. I hope this review (my first EVER) was helpful. Enjoy! :-)
The developer (David) seems to be a great guy. Love his "tip jar" policy, (and I've contributed for both Alarmed and Yocto Clock) have read his blog occasionally, even had a good email exchange once - but I've had on-and-off alarm reliability problem (alarm fires, but no sound is generated) for about the past 1-2 months. It started with Alarmed, and then when I went online to see if David had any info to offer, and was pleased to see that he did acknowledge a problem with Alarmed, and suggested users switch to Yocto Clock. I was happy to do so, but that has not eliminated the problem, though I update to any available newer versions of all my software and apps nearly every night. I've even set a backup alarm in Yocto Clock to go off in case the first alarm didn't, but found that the first alarm hang even blocked the second alarm from occurring. I've tried switching from David's sounds (which I want to use) to an iTunes song, but that didn't fix the problem consistently either. I'm unwilling to let go of Yocto Clock, but can't trust it, so now I have alarms set both in Yocto Clock and in the built-in Apple "Clock" app. Sometimes my Yocto alarm makes a sound and sometimes it doesn't - I never know which alarm is going to wake me up the next morning. It's a mess.
I am bewildered why I'm the only person in the world who seems to be experiencing this problem, but there you have it. Sorry, David.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 31, 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Seller: David Mandell
- © 2012 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tip Jar Tip$0.99