By Sirlin Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dice Tower's Game of the Year, Tom Vasel, 2010
Yomi is a fighting game in card form. Learn your character, practice combos, and read the opponent's tendencies. 10 characters to choose from, plus 10 more expansion characters available inside the app.
Yomi captures the mindgames from fighting games such as Street Fighter, and was created by the lead designer of Street Fighter HD Remix, who was also a long-time fighting game tournament player. Yomi itself is a strategy card game that has held up to many years of tournaments. Start practicing now!
• 10 character decks (10 more expansion also available)
• AI opponents, including a pretty difficult AI
• Survival Mode to play many AI opponents in a row
• Tutorial to get you started
• Online play, cross-platform with the web version at www.fantasystrike.com
• Online leaderboards: start in the Student ranks and work up to Master ranks
• Save replays of your games and watch replays from any other player, including top leaderboard players
From the makers of Puzzle Strike, Flash Duel, and Pandante.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter:
Visit the tabletop store: www.sirlingames.com
What's New in Version 1.08
- Fixed iPhone rotation glitch that displayed cards rotated 90 degrees from the device's orientation (introduced last update, oops!)
- Undo now works offline vs Yomibot
- Gloria can now play Overdose during the Bathed in Moonlight phase, too. (But still only once per turn.)
- Offline vs Yomibot: Fixed Gold burst jokers not counting as winning combat (affects AI)
- Fixed being unable to combo escape against Zane's dodge if it was his last hand card
- Fixed Knowing the Opponent's reward effect being delayed by one turn after a throw clash or joker hit
- Fixed EX Lum's Item Toss ~ [Rain of Dice or Tiny Lum] ~ "4-10"'s effect not knocking down properly
- Fixed a few typos and display glitches
Sirlin knows games. Sirlin knows balance. His iteration has crafted one of the finest card games on the market, with an amazing, original theme.
"Yomi", or "reading", takes the age old game of Rock-Paper-Scissors and turns it into a riveting rendition of a 2D fighting game, without needing dexterity or substantial memorization.
The app is a smooth and gorgeous translation of the card game. Highly recommended. Well worth the app price.
Pricey for an IOS game, but cheaper than the physical version and I play it way more than console games I spend $50-60 on. Great community, excellent well balanced characters with great themes... I could go on, but buy it.
Great app for playing a great card game
Yomi is a card game by David Sirlin. He specializes in creating games with asymmetrical balance. His games are all set in the same world where battle games (and games about the battle games) are the norm.
Yomi has a different deck of cards for each character. The characters all have individual abilities.
The basis of the game is a rock/paper/scissors mechanic of Attack/Throw/Block-Dodge. The cards are set against a standard deck of playing cards with numbered cards 2-10, the face cards, aces, and Jokers.
Most of the cards have two different actions depending on which end of the card is at the top. So, a card may have an Attack action on one end and a Dodge Action on the other.
The two players in the game play their combat cards facedown and are revealed simultaneously. Each character, in addition to having some innate abilities, also has different abilities on some of the cards in addition to the normal combat actions of the cards.
It's a fighting game where you are trying to reduce your opponent to a K.O. The crux of Yomi is making your best guess of what type of card your opponent is going to play each turn in the hopes of playing one that will beat it.
The base game has 10 different characters, and there is an in-app purchase option for 10 additional characters. There are also higher powered versions of each character which can be purchased or unlocked through gameplay.
Since the game is primarily about understanding your opponent's play style, playing online against other players is the standard game. You can also play matches against an easy or challenging AI to practice and to unlock the more powerful EX versions of the characters.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 11, 2015
- Version: 1.08
- Size: 265 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sirlin Games
- © 2013 Sirlin Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Expansion Characters 10 Pack$9.99
- Yomi: EX Gwen$0.99
- Yomi: EX Setsuki$0.99