By Sirlin Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dice Tower's Game of the Year, Tom Vasel, 2010
Yomi is a fighting game in card form. Learn your character, practice combos, and read the opponent's tendencies. 10 characters to choose from, plus 10 more expansion characters available inside the app.
Yomi captures the mindgames from fighting games such as Street Fighter, and was created by the lead designer of Street Fighter HD Remix, who was also a long-time fighting game tournament player. Yomi itself is a strategy card game that has held up to many years of tournaments. Start practicing now!
• 10 character decks (10 more expansion also available)
• AI opponents, including a pretty difficult AI
• Survival Mode to play many AI opponents in a row
• Tutorial to get you started
• Online play, cross-platform with the web version at www.fantasystrike.com
• Online leaderboards: start in the Student ranks and work up to Master ranks
• Save replays of your games and watch replays from any other player, including top leaderboard players
From the makers of Puzzle Strike, Flash Duel, and Pandante.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter:
Visit the tabletop store: www.sirlingames.com
What's New in Version 1.13
Fixes for some issues related to inscribed cards introduced by the previous version.
An exceptional card game to learn and master.
Yomi is an exceptional "fighting game in card game form." It is a game of mastery and mind games.
What initially looks like paper, rock, scissors with cards is cleverly a game rich with character/deck strategies, valuation decisions, and yes--reading your opponent. And like most great competitive games, there is a strategic opening, middle game, and endgame in Yomi.
Yomi is the game I play the most on iOS. Practicing vs the AI is a very fun, "when I find a little time," activity. The online play is cross-platform as you can play against players from iOS, Steam, and web browsers.
As of version 1.13 the game is running perfectly on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5S, both running iOS 8.4. Yes, it looks great and is playable on the 5S screen.
* Hand management (building your big win condition and maintaining a good hand of cards)
* Valuation (understanding the strength of your options, what is usable/inefficient/tradeable/too good)
* Reading or Evaluating Your Opponent (understanding the soundness of their plays, deducing their likely hand, observing their risk/reward preference and influencers)
* Strategic knowledge and experience. Learning the game.
If you want to quickly improve in this game, I recommend going to fantasystrike.com
Yomi captures the forced mixup situations in many fighting games as well as the rhythm of more old school fighters like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, and King of Fighters. The hand management is almost like Super Meter management in such games too as you build your big winning strike and try to time that big strike against your opponent.
This game is very skill rewarding and worthy of mastering, even if only one character :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 23, 2015
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 291 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sirlin Games
- © 2013 Sirlin Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Expansion Characters 10 Pack$9.99
- Yomi: EX Gwen$0.99
- 18 Yomi inscribed card packs$19.99
- Yomi: EX Valerie$0.99
- Yomi: EX Menelker$0.99
- Yomi: EX Setsuki$0.99
- Yomi: EX Rook$0.99
- Yomi: EX Jaina$0.99
- 8 Yomi inscribed card packs$9.99
- 2 Yomi inscribed card packs$2.99