Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary and Translator
By Vivien Seguy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Yomiwa is an easy offline way to translate Japanese with your camera. The app displays a pop up with English translations and definitions of single kanjis and words as soon as you point to Japanese characters with your iPhone or iPad. You can as well take a picture or pick one from your camera roll and navigate it to translate chosen characters. Yomiwa also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Japanese characters on your touch-screen, in order to learn and practice writing Japanese. Yomiwa also includes a built-in dictionary searchable in Japanese (text or drawing) or English (as well as French, German and Spanish).
- A complete built-in dictionary with full informations about words, kanjis (on-yomi, kun-yomi, meaning, stroke order etc.) and example sentences
- An Optical Character Recognition (OCR) algorithm which lets you translate Japanese characters with your camera or from your camera roll pictures
- Translate words made of all types of Japanese characters (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana)
- A proper names database (such as people names, places, locations...)
- Japanese pronunciation of words in roman letters (romaji) or hiragana / katakana.
- Get the meaning of single or combinations of Kanjis
- Draw characters on the screen to translate them and practice writing Japanese
- Read either horizontal or vertical Japanese text
Yomiwa is perfect for:
- Use as a dictionary
- Read and understand Japanese text (newspaper, manga, books,...)
- Learn and study Japanese Kanjis (meaning, reading, drawing, writing)
- Translate Japanese words in everyday life situations
- Instant on-the-go translation when travelling in Japan
- Overcome the language barrier!
Video visible on the link below (developer website).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome : email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.1.6
- You can now select some words in the example sentences to get full information about them
- Bug fixes
If you are looking for an app to help you with kanji, look no further.
So far it has been pretty great. I have been trying to expand my vocabulary and understanding of Japanese and this really helps out quite a bit with all of its features.
If you have a steady hand, use this app to read kanji live. Otherwise take a photo.
Excellent for typed fonts. And the wall allows you to share text for human based reading.
Really like it so far.
This is great! これはすごいです！
Really like this app a lot! Helps with learning to read Japanese and shows different examples of vocabulary. I'm studying independently for now and this app is just very useful! このアプリがたくさん本当にが好きです！優れたを思っいます。学習で日本語を読めに助ける、違った単語の例を見せる。今の為に自分で勉強しています、そしてこのはアプリはとても便利な！
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 18, 2017
- Version: 3.1.6
- Size: 85.9 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Vivien Seguy
- © 2013-2017 Vivien Seguy, Antoine Rolet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.