Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* works without a cell/wifi connection (because there usually isn't one in the park!)
* collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* expert-written details on more than 500 unique points of interest (POIs)
* a professionally voiced 45-minute audio-guided auto tour
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* calendar of Ranger-led events
* sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* photo gallery with more than 100 park images
* descriptions of more than 30 hiking trails
* detailed schedules for park shuttle routes
* information on museums, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (does not work on non-GPS enabled devices such as the iPod Touch)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Offline map not downloading
Looking forward to using this next week but... download of maps never ends. Confirm review of Jul 4 same issue
There seems to be a bug downloading offline maps
7/4 Update: after trying numerous more times to finish the full map download I opened the app this evening and checked the map cache and it was somehow cleared and back to square one. Sigh.
The offline map download process constantly stops downloading and there is no accurate indicator of how large the map files are or how much time is remaining. There is a progress bar but it jumps all over the place. I have pressed the full offline map download button at least 100 times and I am around 7gb of data downloaded and I have no idea how much longer I will have to wait until the map download is complete. Kind of a bummer and a crummy 1st impression before using the app for our trip later this month.
Very useful app for backcountry tracking with GPS enabled on the phone. Accurately pinpoints location. Succinct description of touristy things to do in the Valley. Nicely done app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.