Bodyweight Training: You Are Your Own Gym
By Hard Coded Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get into the best shape of your life without stepping foot into a gym!
Exercise at home using the same techniques used by Special Forces as taught by fitness instructor and best selling author Mark Lauren.
Join the bodyweight fitness revolution today!
Use the body you HAVE to build the body you WANT following best selling author Mark Lauren's workout plans!
***** App Highlights *****
* No gym required
* Over 200 effective exercises using nothing but your body and items you can find around the house!
* Quick workouts
* Quick results!
* Healthkit integration allows saved workouts to be tracked in Apple's Health app!
* Easy to follow program
* Great for all fitness levels
* Workout in your own home or while traveling
* Workout in as little as 2 minutes and no more than 36 minutes a day.
* Our 10-week fitness programs will guide you to a new physique and are perfect for any fitness level.
* Quick workouts that you can use to fit any schedule with as little as 2 minutes a day. These require nothing but a floor and are great for exercising anywhere!
* Let our app guide you through each workout. Voice prompts and on screen video instruct you on exactly what to do.
* This app is for everyone: men, women, beginners, experts, busy professionals, travelers, athletes, functional fitness fans...
***** Recognitions *****
* #1 in the app paid category in 10 countries.
* #1 for iPhone/iPad in Heath and Fitness Paid
* App store features including "Get in Shape", "New Year New You", "New and Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and more
* 5 star average rating across all versions
WARNING: This app will remove your current fitness excuses and change your life.
***** App Origins *****
This app is based on the best selling book by Mark Lauren "You Are Your Own Gym". The bodyweight exercises in this app have been used to create society’s leanest, strongest, most confident people. He honed his program for a decade while preparing nearly a thousand soldiers for the extreme demands of the most elite levels of the U.S. Special Operations.
***** Interactive Workout Timers *****
Let Mark Lauren guide you through workouts and tell you exactly when to workout and when to rest all while giving you instructions for each exercise with detailed text and numerous images. Use these timers to follow each workout in the 10 week rapid results program or create your own custom workout routines from any exercise in the app.
***** Workout Types *****
- Interval Sets
***** Keep Sending Us Feedback! *****
* We listen and we respond to emails
* We update our app often
What's New in Version 4.4.2
Great app that works if you work it!
Last year I wanted to lose some weight and get into shape. I started off in the gym but eventually was curious why there were so many machines and I did some research on bodyweight exercises and came across the book "You are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. The book made a lot of sense and the app pulls it altogether. What I like most are the short video clips that show you how to do each exercise. There are also variations for each exercise so you can make the workout easier or harder depending on your current ability. If you have the ability to work consistently on your own this will save you a ton of cash over going to the gym. I've even introduce this to several of my friends.
I am finishing my first three weeks of the basic work out. I wasn't that excited to start as I'm a cardio junky but my husband ( who hates to workout) got so excited and committed ( and had such great results) that I decided to give up some cardio time and try. At first I felt it was too easy for my legs and too hard on my arms. If I could make one suggestion it would be to make some female options. I'm still struggling with the push ups and let me ups, but did better on the let me ups finally!!! Love the timer and the organized workouts, even the quick work outs are great, takes away my excuses. Thanks for a great product.
I use it all the time
Started with "quick workouts", then moved to the 11 week program. The program included rest days, and the ability to swap out exercise. It also tracks your history, including reps for each exercise, which makes goals easy to set.
I never realized how it would affect my workout to have a timer. Before the app, my workouts were sporadic and filled with downtime. Now, I quit the 12 week routine and I preplan my workouts using the workout builder. The interface is clunky and glitchy, and I've deleted some of my work accidentally, but I stick with it because it's a great tool.
Now I plan my workout a day in advance by making small changes to my saved routines. I save time by just clicking a workout and powering through in about 45 mins. And I'm exhausted from a good cardio workout.
The program has tons of exercises organized by progression.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 414 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Hard Coded Studios
- © Hard Coded Studios & Light of New Orleans 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mobility Rx Warm UpFree
- Video Value Pack!$19.99
- EFX Workout 1$6.99
- EFX Workout 2$6.99
- EFX Workout 3$6.99
- Mobility Rx Workout 1$8.99
- Mobility Rx Workout 2$8.99
- Novice Timed Sets$2.99
- Novice Ladders$2.99
- Intermediate Circuit Training$2.99