Capture a thought, a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording with You Record.
When you’re done, edit your recording, then share it via Email, iMessage, AirDrop, or many compatible apps that you have.
• Spotlight integration (with Siri reminders and suggestions)
• Quickly start recording with 3D Touch or Today Widget
• Ability to autostart recording when open the app
• Compatibility with iPad multitasking enhancements
• Background recording and playback
• Records in lossless Linear PCM (.caf) or compressed AAC (.m4a) format
• Supports Bluetooth Audio Input
• Control with the headphones button
• Change playback speed (0.5x, 2x, 4x)
• Trim recordings
• Duplicate/Convert recordings
• Email, iMessage and AirDrop recordings
• Import/Export recordings with iTunes File Sharing and iCloud Drive
• Open recordings from Mail and other apps
• Open recordings in other apps (like Notes, Documents, etc.)
• Compatibility with VoiceOver
• Use Spotlight’s keywords for better search: “Voice”, “Memo”, “Audio”, and “Recording”
• Tap on the progress bar to rewind playback by 5 seconds
• Hold a finger down on any recording for multiple selection
• Press the headphones button once to play/pause, and twice to start/stop recording
• Use yourecord://rec URL handler to start recording
Apple Watch app
• Choose the source for recording and playback
• Rename and delete recent recordings
• Import/Export recordings with your iPhone
• Fixes and minor improvements for watchOS 4
Ratings and Reviews
the best!!! ever
that's all you need !!!
Fine but needs work
I find this to be a good little app. I appreciate the 30 sec rewind. Unfortunately the option buttons are directly under the progress bar. For that reason I frequently hit those button when I want to advance or rewind. Tonight I tapped the progress bar and accidentally deleted my recording. There was no warning - no r u sure - just gone. There is no way to retrieve the recording, so I lost my class lecture. Thanks. A simple solution is to move those command buttons to the right or left where there is tons of unused space. Also to ask before deleting and to perhaps archive until a permanent deletion is made from the recycle bin.
Also needs to have a better way to name a recording, Why choose custom? Most people just want to add a title.
This was no easy loss for me, and it seriously caused me to consider deleting the App in search of another.
Passes the test
Since I don't like buying apps that later turn out to be far less than what they advertise, I compared it with three other similar apps based on four criteria: 1) price, 2) for iPad only (because iPhone already comes with voice memo), 3) special feature(s), 4) Dropbox-aware and 5) support for ios multitasking.
It scored the most points. The recordings sound decent thus far. It works like the iPhone version.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.